Steps to configure the workflow in ADManager Plus
- Click on the Workflow tab → Business workflow, a page as shown below will appear. In this page you can create and use as many workflows as needed,for monitoring the execution of different types of AD tasks.Choose the workflow technicians you want to include by checking the boxes against them. You can set any number of reviewers or approvers by selecting the preferred number from the drop down list. You can configure multiple workflows based on the nature of the AD tasks.
- Enter a suitable workflow name and description.
- "Requester" is a mandatory role for the workflow and hence cannot be removed
- Based on the need, you can decide whether or not to use a "Reviewer". You can choose up to 5 technicians by choosing from the drop down list.
- You have to choose an "Approver" or an "Executor" for the workflow to function properly. Similarly, you can choose any number of Approvers (up to 5) from the drop-down list.
If you select more than one approver or reviewer, the corresponding number of technicians configured should review or approve the task. If the number of configured technicians are lower than that of the technicians selected in the drop down list, the Admin will have to review it the same number of times as selected while creating the workflow.
- You can configure the workflow agents by assigning the different technicians to their respective roles in the workflow
- Add conditional rules to assign specific technicians and priority to the task along with notification settings by using "Assigning rules"
: Instead of using manual requesters the Automation
feature can be used to automate the process of raising requests.