Associating Monitors to Monitor Groups
To associate a Monitor/Process/Service/Database to a Monitor Group, follow the steps given below:
- Click on the Monitor Group (from Home tab).
- Under Monitor Group Information, click Associate Monitors link.
- A list of discovered Monitors/Processes/Services/Databases that are available for associating and those that have already been associated with that Monitor Group is displayed.
Note : The status of Monitor Group would remain unknown, until you associate at least one monitor to it.
- Select the check box of the corresponding monitor from Monitors not present in this Monitor Group list and click Add. You can also remove a monitor which has already been associated with the Monitor Group by selecting the check box of Monitor(s) under Monitors present in this Monitor Group and clicking Remove.
- In order to add Processes, Services and Databases to Monitor Groups, go to Admin → Server Settings → Monitor Group Settings tab and enable appropriate monitor options (Process/Service/Database) prior to performing the action. On disabling these options, the Processes/Services/Databases associated previously can only be removed manually from the Monitor Group.
- When a Process, Service or Database is down, the RCA for the Monitor Group will display the Process/Service/Database name along with the Server Display name.
- Dashboards and Reports are currently not supported when Processes/Services/Databases are associated to Monitor Groups.
- By default, Services do not have the Health attribute. It will not be displayed when viewed from Monitor Group or Web App Group.