Audit Logs are documents that record changes or actions occurring in a system. Applications Manager lets you view Audit Log information, where you can keep track of all the events occurring in your account, and aids you to identify the changes made in your profile within specified periods of time. It documents the list of actions performed by the user along with the timestamps.
How to view Audit Logs
- Login into your Applications Manager account.
- Go to Admin tab and click on Audit Logs.
- Here you can view the list of all the past actions that have been done in your account, segregated based on the type of action occurred, the name of the user along with its Hostname/IP address and the log message description for that action along with its timestamp.
- Furthermore, you can filter audit logs based on the required action type and time range of your choice. This can be done by
- Selecting the required list of actions and the required user names from the respective drop-downs
- Entering the number of days within which the logs have been recorded
- Click on the Filter button.
||The type of action performed by the user.
||The name of the user who triggered the action.
|Host Name / IP Address
||The host name / IP address of the user that issued the action.
||Displays the log message generated after executing that action.
|Date and Time
||The date and time of that action performed.
Note: Additionally, you can generate reports in various formats like pdf, csv, xls, etc. by clicking on their respective icons available at the top right side of the audit log table.