Common Best Practices
Following are some of the recommended guidelines that are to be followed by the users of ManageEngine Applications Manager for a safer and enhanced monitoring experience:
- Subscribe to the Applications Manager security advisory mailing list. (Navigate to Admin → Privacy settings → Breach notification)
- Ensure that you always have the latest host operating system, browser, and network security update installed.
- Ensure that you do not expose Applications Manager on the public Internet.
- If you must enable outbound internet access from Applications Manager servers, create a strict allow list and block all other traffic.
- Disable unnecessary ports, protocols, and services on your host operating system. See Security/Firewall Requirements of Applications Manager.
- Only authorized users should have access to the machine where you install Applications Manager server.
- Ensure that the credentials you provide in Applications Manager for monitoring/integration purpose must follow the principle of least privilege.
Download PDF to learn more about the best practices to be followed while using ManageEngine Applications Manager.