This action can be used to start/stop/restart a Container of Docker in the event of an alarm. To create a Container action, follow the steps given below:
- Select the Container option from the Actions menu.
- Enter the Display Name of the action.
- Choose the Action Type to be performed in the event of an alarm. You can choose either Start Container, Stop Container or Restart Container options.
- Use the Select Target Container option to associate the action to a Container. There are three ways of selecting the target container(s).
- All Containers in the selected monitor group: This triggers the action for all the Containers present in the selected monitor group.
- All Containers in the selected Docker: This triggers the action for all the Containers present in the selected Docker.
- Specific Container: This triggers the action for the selected Container alone.
- Specify the Maximum time for action execution in seconds. This is the time limit within which the action has to be executed or else the action will be cancelled.
- You can use the Notify after action executes option to receive an email notification once the action is successfully executed. You can either select an existing email address or define new email addresses using the New Action option.
- If you want to execute the action during specific time periods, enable the Execute Action based on Business Hours option and select the Business Hour during which the action has to be executed. The action can be configured such that it is executed during or outside the selected Business Hours. Use the drop-down menu to select your time window or click on 'Add New Business Hour' to create a new time window.
- Click the Create Action button to finish creating the Container action.
After creating the Container action, you can test its execution by clicking the Execute icon of that action.