Perform Java Action
This action will perform Java actions such as generating thread dump, heap dump or garbage collection in the event of an alarm. To create a Java action, follow the steps given below:
- Select the Java Heap Dump/Thread Dump/GC option from the Actions menu.
- Enter the Display Name of the action.
- Choose the Action Type to be performed in the event of an alarm. You can choose either 'Thread Dump', 'Heap Dump' or 'Perform GC' option.
- If you choose the 'Thread Dump' option, specify the Number of thread dumps to be performed and the Delay between thread dumps in seconds.
- If you choose the 'Heap Dump' option, specify the Number of heap dumps to be performed and the Delay between heap dumps in seconds.
- If you choose the 'Perform GC' option, specify the Number of GCs to be performed and the Delay between GCs in seconds.
- Select the email action to be associated with this Java action using Associate Email Action. You can either select an existing email action from the drop-down box or create a new email action by clicking the 'New Action' link.
- Select Target JRE for this action from the drop-down box. The available options include Auto-select JRE, All JREs in the selected monitor group, Specific host and Specific JRE.
- If you select Auto-select JRE, Applications Manager will automatically detect and trigger Java actions based on the associated monitor. For example, if the action is associated with a host, this will trigger thread dump for the JREs available in the host. Or if the action is associated with a Tomcat/JRE monitor, this will trigger thread dump for the JREs present in the host of Tomcat server or JRE.
- If you select All JREs in the selected monitor group, this will trigger java actions for all the JREs present in that monitor group.
- If you select Specific host option, this will trigger java actions for all the JREs present in the selected host.
- Selecting a Specific JRE will trigger java actions for that JRE.
- If you want to execute the action during specific time periods, enable the Execute Action based on Business Hours option and select the Business Hour during which the action has to be executed. The action can be configured such that it is executed during or outside the selected Business Hours. Use the drop-down menu to select your time window or click on 'Add New Business Hour' to create a new time window.
- Click the Create Action button to finish creating the Java action.
After creating the Java action, you can test its execution by clicking the Execute icon of that action.