SAP CCMS Monitors
Creating SAP CCMS Monitor
Prerequisites for monitoring SAP CCMS Monitors: SAP JavaConnector (JCo) should be present in Applications Manager's classpath. More
Follow the steps given below to add a SAP CCMS monitor in Applications Manager:
- Click on New Monitor. Click on SAP CCMS monitor.
- Enter Display Name.
- Provide Host Name / IP Address.
- Check the Connect using Router String checkbox to enter the SAP Router String through which SAP Server is connected.
- Enter the SAP Logon client.
- Enter the SAP System number.
- Enter the SAP Logon language like EN for English.
- Enter the polling interval time in minutes.
- If you are adding a new monitor from an Admin Server, select a Managed Server.
- Enter the User Name & Password for SAP server.
- Select CCMS Monitor Sets by clicking on Click Here link. It then displays a list of CCMS monitor sets present in SAP server. Select a CCMS monitor set from the list which you would like to monitor.
- Choose the Monitor Group from the combo box to which you want to associate the Monitor (optional). You can choose multiple groups to associate your monitor.
- Click Add Monitor(s). Upon adding the SAP CCMS monitor, you can view the details of the newly added SAP CCMS monitor.
Kindly refer SAP CCMS Parameters to know more about the attributes monitored. Please note that while creating a SAP monitor, you need a SAP user profile with the following authorization objects: S_RFC, S_XMI_LOG and S_XMI_PROD which are minimum prerequisities for adding a SAP monitor.
Applications Manager allows you to monitor the availability and connection time of SAP CCMS monitors from a centralized web console. The availability tab, gives the availability history for the past 24 hours or 30 days. The connection time refers to the time taken by Applications Manager to connect to SAP server. You can also add performance / status / log attributes in the same page by clicking on link 'Add Attributes' or by clicking on 'Add Custom Attributes' under Quick Links section.
The following parameters are monitored for SAP CCMS.
||Specifies the health of the monitor based on its dependencies
||Type of the Monitor
||Specifies the host in which SAP is running
||The Operating System of the host
|Last Polled at
||The time at which last polling happened
|Next Polled at
||The time at which the next polling is scheduled
||The current status of the SAP CCMS Monitor - whether it is up or down.
Adding SAP CCMS Attributes
To add a SAP CCMS monitor set's attributes, follow the steps given below:
- Click on Add Attributes or Add Custom Attributes link in SAP CCMS monitor page.
- In the Add Attributes screen, you will find the entire set of CCMS monitoring tree elements (MTE) listed below. Click on MTE which you would like to monitor, and this will expand the entire set of attributes available inside the monitor set.
- Similarly, you can also select various MTE and its attributes inside available CCMS monitors.
- If there are no attributes present inside MTE, an error message appears: "There are no Performance / Status / Log Attributes present in this Node"
- Click on Add Attributes button to complete the process.
- If you would like to delete exisiting attributes, click on Add Custom Attributes link. In SAP Custom Attributes screen, Applications Manager will list the exisiting attributes that are being monitored and provides you the option to delete attributes. You can also enable / disable reports for the attributes in the same screen.