SQL Job Action
This action can be used to start / stop / restart SQL Jobs in the event of an alarm. To create an SQL Job action, follow the steps given below:
- Select the SQL Job action from Actions menu.
- Enter the Display Name of the action.
- Choose the Action Type to be performed in the event of an alarm. You can choose either to Start Job(s), Stop Job(s) or Restart Job(s).
- Use the Select Sql Job option to add SQL Jobs. Click the Add Jobs link. A window where you can add SQL Jobs will pop up. Here's how you add SQL jobs:
- Select SQL Jobs from selected resources: The window displays a list of SQL servers that is currently monitored by Applications Manager. Select the SQL Server from the respective drop-down boxes, and click Show Job link.
- This will list all the SQL Jobs. You can choose the SQL Job you want to add from this list. You can also add a new Job right from this window by clicking on 'Add Job' button.
- Specify the Target Servers on which these actions are to be executed. There are three options available here:
- Auto-select Servers: This option will automatically detect and trigger SQL Jobs action based on the associated monitor. For example, if the action is associated with a particular SQL server, the action will be triggered for that particular SQL server.
- Selected Servers: This option lets you specify the exact SQL servers on which the action will be triggered. You can select the servers from the ones listed.
- All Servers in the Selected Monitor Group: This option lets you specify the exact SQL servers on which the action will be triggered. You can select the SQL servers from the ones listed.
- You can use the Notify after action executes option to receive an email notification once the action is successfully executed. You can either select an existing email address or define new email addresses using the New Action option.
- If you want to execute the action during specific time periods, enable the Execute Action based on Business Hours option and select the Business Hour during which the action has to be executed. The action can be configured such that it is executed during or outside the selected Business Hours. Use the drop-down menu to select your time window or click on 'Add New Business Hour' to create a new time window.
- Click the Create Action button to finish creating the SQL Job action.
After creating the SQL Job action, you can test its execution by clicking the Execute [ ] icon.