Web Server Monitoring
Creating a new Web Server monitor
Using the REST API to add a new Web Server monitor: Click here
To create a Web Server monitor, follow the steps given below:
- Click on New Monitor link. Choose Web Server.
- Enter the IP Address or hostname of the host in which the Monitor is running.
- Enter the SubNetMask of the network.
- Provide the port number in which the monitor is running.
- Enter the polling interval time in minutes.
- If you are adding a new monitor from an Admin Server, select a Managed Server.
- Choose the Monitor Group from the combo box with which you want to associate Web Server Monitor (optional). You can choose multiple groups to associate your monitor.
- Click Add Monitor(s). This discovers the Web server from the network and starts monitoring them.
Note: Security/Firewall Requirements - The Web Server host and port should be accessible from the machine where Applications Manager is installed.
- Availability tab gives the availability history for the past 24 hours or 30 days.
- Performance tab gives the Health Status and events for the past 24 hours or 30 days.
- List view enables you to perform bulk admin configurations.
Following are the metrics monitored in Web server monitor:
||Time taken obtain a response from the web server (in milliseconds).