Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization (RHEV) Monitoring
Performance Management for Red Hat Virtual Infrastructures
Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization - the complete virtualization management solution to support server or desktop applications- is an open, software-defined platform that virtualizes Linux and Microsoft Windows workloads.
Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization Infrastructures are based on KVM hypervisor (kernel-based virtual machine) and features management tools that virtualize resources, processes, and applications to ensure service performance and business continuity.
Applications Manager’s RHEV monitoring provides a comprehensive end-to-end solution for monitoring and managing the performance of your RHEV IT environment.
Applications Manager lets you perform precise Hierarchical service topology mapping of all aspects of the KVM hypervisor and RHEV guest VMs . Administrators can set up a consistent monitoring system, control user experience and improve real-time performance of mission critical business services in the RHV cluster.
Map RHEV clusters in a datacenter
- Auto-discover Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization hypervisors in their Hierarchical service topology.
- Map and measure performance at every tier of the RHEV datacenter from the clusters in the data center, to hosts belonging to the clusters , to the RHEV Hypervisor & RHEV virtual machines allocated to the host in a cluster and finally to their underlying physical systems and applications running on the VMs.
- Monitor cluster networks on which mission-critical applications run, generate reports on the status of resource groups and get notified of critical cluster events
Real-time views with performance and availability data
- Monitor virtual environments with business service views - not as silos.
- Get an overall picture of the RHEV environment with information like the number of hosts and VMs running on them.
- Associate performance between physical machines and VMs, between applications and VMs, and between VMs hosted on the same physical machine.
- Generate usage graphs for storage, memory, CPU, and network traffic of hosts and virtual machines.
- Rapidly identify bottlenecks and drill down to the root cause of a problem. Know if it’s the network, middleware, RHEV server, VM, or one of the applications causing the bottleneck.
- Determine if specific Virtual Machines (VMs) are consuming resources and identify the applications responsible for this.
- Analyze capacity and utilization data so you right-size infrastructure for peak performance.
Proactive alerts and Insightful Reports
- Associate performance variables to Applications Manager alerts to minimize risks associated with outages.
- Configure alarms on user-defined thresholds and get notifications of performance problems and downtimes via email and SMS instantly.
- Eliminate downtime and application slowdowns with root-cause diagnosis and proactive alerts.
- Generate reports to know how your RHEV clusters are performing over a period of time and analyze possible trends.
Register here for a sneak peek of our RHEV monitor