Creating a Purchase Order
There are two ways in which you can access the Purchase Order form.
Create New Tab
Create New Tab
The Create New Tab is a quick navigator to instantly access the New Purchase Order form.
To create a purchase order, go to Step 3 in Purchase Tab.
- Click Purchase tab in the header pane to open the Purchase Order list view page.
- Click New Purchase Order button.
- In the New PO form, the status of the Purchase Order is New PO by default.
- Enter the Order No of the purchase order say, P.O #2268 and the PO name say, purchase of laptops in the specific fields. Both fields are mandatory.
- Select the Required by date of the items from the calendar icon.
- Select the Vendor Name from the drop down.
- If the specified vendor name is not available in the list, click Add New icon and specify the vendor details such as Name, Contact Information and Contact Person of the vendor. Save the details.
- If you have specified the Purchase Default Values to be displayed in the new PO form, then the same will be populated on the form.
- If you have not configured the default values for shipping and billing address, select the Shipping and Billing Address from the drop down.
- You can also add the shipping and billing address by clicking the Add New icon .
- Specify the item category. You now have the option to add services and other items besides assets to the PO.
- On selecting Assets, all the products associated with the vendor will be listed.
- To view products of particular type, select Product type.
- You can also add new product by invoking the Add icon .
- Specify the Product Name, Product Type, Part No and Price of the item. Save the details.
- Specify the Price (if it is not mentioned), Tax Rate ($) and the Quantity of items to be ordered.
- In addition, you can specify Discounts, Shipping Cost, Sales Tax Rate (%) and Additional Tax Rate (%) which will be considered while calculating the total amount of the PO.
- When the currency used by the vendor is not the base currency, Exchange Rate will be mentioned.
- Under Services category, pick a service from the drop-down or create a new one.
- For items of Others category, you have to enter the item name and the details in respective fields.
- Quantity of an asset can only be a positive integral whereas it can also be a decimal for services and other items.
- Under General Information block, the Created Date by default is the day when the PO is created. You cannot edit this field.
- Similarly, the logged in technician is displayed as the Owner of the PO.
- By default, the Requested By is the technician creating the PO.
- Select the Cost Center and the GL Code from the drop down.
- Enter any related comment of the PO in the Remarks field. Say, if the PO# name is PO XE-SC-4, where XE-SC-4 stands for Xerox-Scanner. In this case, explain about the XE-SC-4 in the remarks field.
- Also specify the terms and conditions of the purchase in the Terms field.
- If you would like to attach a file then click Attach file button.
- Select the Approvers of the purchase order from the POApprover (s) list pop window by clicking the icon.
- Enter the Signing Authority of the company in the respective field.
- Click Save the Purchase Order button. On saving the PO, the status changes to Open.