How to deploy Autodesk AutoCad 2017?
This document provides you the steps required to deploy Autodesk AutoCad 2017 to multiple computers using Desktop Central.
Before you deploy the software application, ensure that the computers to which you deploy Autodesk Autocad 2017 meet the system requirements prescribed by Microsoft. Refer to https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad-lt/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/System-requirements-for-AutoCAD-LT-2017.html for more details.
To deploy Autodesk AutoCad, follow the steps given below:
Copy the package
- Copy the contents of the CD and store in the network share and extract the package using 7zip.
Note: The network share should have read permissions to Everyone group and should be accessible from all the computers to which you are trying to install.
Customize the Installation
You have to customize the installation using the following steps.
- Run the setup.exe file from the location where you have saved the package.
- After running the setup file, you will be given an option to either create deployment or install tools and utilities. Select Create Deployment.
- To configure deployment specify the necessary details,
- Deployment configuration name - A name for this deployment.
- Administrative image path - the location where you want Autocad deployment files to be copied.
- Under Installation settings, ensure that you enable the option "Run installation in Silent Mode"
- For License access enable the option "Serial Number (stand alone)" and specify the serial number.
- Select Create to create the deployment. Now AutoCAD will compile the prerequisites for installation and prepare everything that you have selected for this deployment. This process may take several minutes, so be patient.
- Now AutoCad has successfully created the deployment. Select Add Updates to check if any product updates are available. If any updates are available the auto deployment tool will automatically take them for installation.
- Once you have completed the above customization, navigate to the destination folder and find the customized files.
Adding the software package in Desktop Central
- Click the Software Deployment tab
- Click Add Package
- Select the MSIEXEC/EXE/ISS/Command package type
- Specify a name for the application
- Choose Network Path/Http Path based on your requirement and Locate/Add the files
- Specify the Installation Command with Switches/Arguments as
"\\token\deploy\Software\AutoDesk\Deployments\AutoCAD\2017\Img\Setup.exe" /qb /I "\\token\deploy\Software\AutoDesk\Deployments\AutoCAD\2017\Img\config.ini"
For example - "\\machine1\deploy\Software\AutoDesk\Deployments\AutoCAD\2017\Img\Setup.exe" /qb /I "\\dc-machine1\deploy\Software\AutoDesk\Deployments\AutoCAD\2017\Img\config.ini"
- Click Add Package
Deploy to target computers
- Select the package that you added
- Click Install/Uninstall Software
- Enter a name and description for the configuration
- Define the package settings
- Configure the deployment settings
- Choose the target computers
- Specify the schedule options, if required
- Click Deploy
Note: Under Remarks, you might get an error message with error code 259 or 18 after the deployment of this application, but still the application will get deployed successfully. This is due to the behavior of AutoCAD application hence you can ignore this error.
You have deployed Autodesk Autocad 2017 successfully.