How to migrate Desktop Central from 32-bit to 64-bit architecture?
The document provides the steps required to migrate Desktop Central product from 32-bit to 64-bit architecture.
Before migrating the product, you have to meet the following requirements
- Ensure that the device running the Desktop Central server has a 64-bit OS. If the OS in the device is 32-bit, then follow these steps to migrate Desktop Central to a different device which has a 64-bit OS.
- Ensure that your product build number is 10.0.599 or above. Click here to migrate to the latest build.
Before installing the migration pack, follow the steps given below -
- Take a backup of the Desktop Central installation directory (<Install_Dir>/DesktopCentral_Server) to avoid any data loss during the migration process.
- Ensure that either your Desktop Central installation directory or the Desktop Central Directory folder in the system on which the Desktop Central database is running is not scanned by the anti virus.
- If the Desktop Central Service is being monitored by a 3rd party tool or a script that will restart the service, ensure that you disable it until you complete the migration process.
Steps to migrate DC from 32-bit to 64-bit architecture
- Download the migration pack in the system where the Desktop Central Product is installed. The SHA256 checksum hash value is 986ba61cb7219094b567ae19826c2d3b7a7d4b284c724c4d2aabd22b8ea4b70d
- Stop the Desktop Central Server before starting the migrating process (either through Start --> Programs --> ManageEngine Desktop Central --> Stop Desktop Central or Right click Desktop Central logo on the Notification area of Task bar and click Stop Service)
- Execute the UpdateManager.bat file present in the <Desktop Central_Home>/bin directory.
- Click "Browse" to locate the migration pack that you have downloaded.
- Click "Install" to initiate the migration process. This may take few minutes depending on the amount of data that needs to be migrated, wait until the migration is completed.
- Click "Close" and "Exit" to exit the Update Manager tool.
Warning : Don't start the Desktop central server before exiting update manager tool.
- Start the Desktop Central Server (either through Start --> Programs --> ManageEngine Desktop Central --> Start Desktop Central or Right click Desktop Central logo on the Notification area of Task bar and click Start Service)
You have successfully migrated to 64-bit architecture.