How to add a Powershell Script as a Package?
This document provides you the steps required to add a Powershell Script as a software package using Desktop Central.
To add a Powershell Script as a software package, follow the steps mentioned below:
- Navigate to Software Deployment >> Packages and click on "Add Package >> Windows".
- Enter the name of the package as desired, and select "EXE / APPX / MSIEXEC / MSU"
- Select the license type as "Non Commercial".
- For uploading the script in "Locate Installable", there are two ways:
- From Shared Folder: If you have the script in a shared folder, you can choose this option and upload the .ps1 file.
- From Local Computer: If the script is on the computer via which you're accessing the console, choose this option and upload the .ps1 file.
- Once the file has been uploaded, enter the following script under "Installation Command with Switches/Arguments":
"powershell.exe -ExecutionPolicy RemoteSigned -(name-of-the-script-file)"
- Click on "Add Package"
You have successfully created a package for the powershell script. You can now deploy it to the required computers in your network.