Use existing FQDN / machine name / IP address to new computer
This document is applicable for Desktop Central build number 10.0.205 or above. In this method you have to assign either the FQDN, machine name or IP address in which your current Desktop Central server is running to a new computer.
Steps to perform on the system where Desktop Central server has been installed.
- From your web console, navigate to Admin tab and under Server Settings, click on DC Server Migration and choose to "Use existing FQDN / IP Address" to new computer.
- Download the Server Migration Guide and perform the Steps to Ensure given in the downloaded guide before initiating the migration process. This will prevent your new Desktop Central server from having start-up issues.
- From Command Prompt in administrator mode on your old installation, navigate to <Installation_Dir>\bin and execute the command server-migration.bat retain.
For example, C:\ManageEngine\DesktopCentral_Server\bin ---> server-migration.bat retain
Executing this script will disable the Desktop Central Service and "MEDC Server Component - Apache". You will not be able to connect to the web console.
- Zip the entire Desktop Central installation directory named DesktopCentral_sever. Once the zip file is ready, manually copy the DesktopCentral_Server.zip file and paste it in the new computer where you are going to install the Desktop Central server. Extract the DesktopCentral_Server.zip in the new server. If an Antivirus software is running in the new computer, it is recommended to add the Desktop Central installation directory (DesktopCentral_Server) to the Antivirus exclusions list.
Steps to be performed on the system where Desktop Central server is going to be installed
- Navigate to <Installation_Dir>\conf and delete ws.modtimefile.
- From command prompt in administrator mode, execute the Migrate-DCServer.bat from <Installation_Dir>\bin folder.
For example, C:\ManageEngine\DesktopCentral_Server\bin ---> Migrate-DCServer.bat
||Need Assistance? Try our Professional Service
We will migrate your Server and Data at a nominal cost of $295. Let us know your interest by registering here.