For the latest Troubleshooting Tips on EventLog Analyzer, visit the Troubleshooting Tips on the website or the public user forums.
Troubleshooting - General
- When I login, why "No Data Available" is shown?
Check for the following reasons:
- Click on the current date in the Calendar. If data is displayed, then there could be some time difference between Admin and Managed Server.
- If both Admin and Managed Servers are in different time zones, then you need to choose the appropriate time using Calendar.
- Data collection is not happening?
The possible reasons could be:
The Admin Server unable to contact Managed Server or the Managed Server status is down.
- If the Admin Server is unable to contact Managed Server,
- The Managed Server added may not be of Distributed Server type.
- The username and password configured for respective Managed Server may not have Administrative privilege.
- If the Managed Server status is down, check for the following conditions:
- Is the Managed Server running? Is the Port and Protocol information configured correct?
- Is the Admin Server needs to pass through Proxy Server? If so, is the same hasbeen configured?
- Are the Ports required areopened/allowed in Host/Server(s)?
- When Alert count is clicked, "Security Statistics" page is shown with "No Data Available" message?
The possible reasons are listed below:
- Time difference between Admin and Managed Server.
- All report page are fetched from Managed Server directly, but the generated alerts are fetched from Admin Server. The generated alerts from all Managed Servers are synchronized periodically (at 5 minutes interval). This could be the case where the generated alerts are yet to be synchronized.
- If you have converted a standalone EventLog Analyzer installation to Managed Server, previously generated alerts will not be synchronized. Only new alerts will be synchronized.
Troubleshooting - Managed Server Synchronization
- After installing Managed Server, unable to start it. It says "Distributed Edition: Problem encountered while registering with Admin Server."?
This happens when Managed Server fails to establish contact with Admin Server.
The conditions under which communication could fail are listed below:
- Admin Server is not running in configured machine at given port.
- Managed Server needs to pass through Proxy Server and it has not been configured. In case configured, check if values are valid.
- Appropriate ports (8500 - default web server port), (8763 - default HTTPS port) are not opened in Host/Server(s).
- Build mismatch between Admin and Managed Servers.
- Installed both Admin and Managed Servers, but when I login into Admin Server, I see Managed Settings page only. Why?
- This could be because the data collection for all the Managed Servers added in the Admin Server are yet to happen. By default, the data collection for a Managed Server is scheduled every 5 minutes.
- No device/resource exists in Managed Server.
- In Admin Server, the status of the Managed Server is shown as "Down", even though I am able to view reports for devices in it?
The status update of the Managed Server is performed at the end of every data collection cycle which is scheduled for every 5 minutes.