Customize Dashboard Views
EventLog Analyzer has a customizable dashboard to enable you to fill it with information you often access. The dashboard consists of multiple tabs and each tab has numerous widgets. In addition to the three default tabs—Events Overview, Network Overview, and Security Overview—you can create your own tabs and add widgets of your choice. The default tabs can also be customized to suit your requirements.
Note: For users updating EventLog Analyzer with a service pack, a few reports in the Network Overview and Security Overview tabs will be populated only with data collected after product update.
To customize the dashboard, you have the following options:
To view a list of devices, applications, and monitored files, which are the log sources based on which the dashboard is populated, click Log Sources on the top-right corner of the dashboard.
To edit dashboard profiles, click here.
Adding a new tab
To add a new tab to the dashboard,
- In EventLog Analyzer's dashboard, click the icon on the top-right corner and select Add Tab.
- In the pop-up box that appears, you can see
- three default tabs—Events Overview, Network Overview, Security Overview
- three predefined templates—Cisco Overview, IIS Overview, and SQL Server Overview and
- Add Custom Tab option
- Click Add Custom Tab and enter a name for the tab, before clicking Add.
- Navigate to the new tab and click Add Widget to start adding widgets of your choice.
- If you want to add an existing report as a widget, click here to know how.
Adding a new widget
To add a new widget,
- In EventLog Analyzer's dashboard, navigate to the tab to which you want to add a new widget and click the icon on the top-right corner.
- Click Add Widget and in the pop-up box that appears, select the widget, widget type, chart type, chart color, and a display name for the widget.
- Once you've entered all the details, click Add.
Note: You also have the option of pinning a report as a new widget. To know how, click here.
To delete tabs from the dashboard,
Reordering and resizing widgets
To reorder the widgets in a tab,
- In EventLog Analyzer's dashboard, navigate to the tab whose tabs you want to reorder and click the icon on the top-right corner and click Reorder Widgets.
- Click and drag the tabs to wherever you want to place them and drop them.
- You can also resize widgets by dragging them from their right-bottom corner and adjusting their sizes as required.
Editing and deleting widgets
To edit a widget in a tab,
- In EventLog Analyzer's dashboard, click the icon corresponding to the widget that you want to edit.
- Select Edit Widget, update the necessary information, and then click Update to complete editing the widget.
To delete a widget from a tab,
- In EventLog Analyzer's dashboard, click the icon corresponding to the widget that you want to delete.
- Select Delete Widget and click Yes in the pop-up box that appears.
Viewing the dashboard in full screen
To view the dashboard in full screen,
- In EventLog Analyzer's dashboard, click the icon on the top-right corner.
- In the full screen view, you can view a slideshow of the tabs by clicking the play icon next to the name of the tab.
- You can also switch to dark mode by clicking the toggle button at the top-right corner.
- To go back to the normal viewing mode, click the icon.
Changing refresh interval
To change the time interval for automatic refreshing of the dashboard,
- In EventLog Analyzer's dashboard, click the icon on the top-right corner and click Refresh Interval.
- In the pop-up box that appears, select one among the choices given for the refresh interval—Never, 30 Secs, 1 Min, 5 Mins, 10 Mins, and 1 Hr.
Note: If you choose Never for the refresh interval, the dashboard will never be refreshed automatically. You would need to refresh it manually.