Mailboxes are the integral part of Exchange environments and are one of the most important entities to be monitored. Mailbox-related aspects need regular reporting and vigilance. You can navigate to the Reports tab → Exchange Server → Mailboxes to get the list of mailbox reports.
Preconfigured mailboxes reports
The reports available under this category are classified into seven major subcategories:
- Mailbox Enabled Users: Lists all users with a mailbox, including their email address, the server their mailbox is on, and their last logon time.
- Hidden Mailboxes: Lists all the hidden mailboxes from the Exchange address list, including the user that logged on last, their last logon time, and their email address.
- Mailbox Features: Shows whether features such as ActiveSync, OWA, IMAP4, Litigation Hold, and Retention Hold are enabled for each mailbox. You can also use filters to view only the mailboxes that have a specified feature enabled or disabled.
- Mailbox Message Delivery Settings: Shows whether the message delivery settings for each mailbox, such as sending size, receiving size, and recipient size, are set to default or have been modified by users.
- Mailbox Storage Information: Shows all mailboxes along with the associated database and storage group.
- Mailbox Message Restrictions: Shows message restrictions that are being applied to each mailbox.
- Mailbox with Delegates: Lists all mailboxes that are assigned with delegates, as well as the delegates’ details.
- Mailbox with ForwardTo: Lists all mailboxes that have the ForwardTo setting enabled.
- Forward Set Inbox Rules: Shows whether the Forward Set Inbox Rule is enabled or disabled for each mailbox.
- Mailbox Size: Shows the size of mailboxes during a specified date.
- Mailbox Size Growth: Shows how a mailbox has grown in size over a specific period of time.
- Mailbox Size by OU: Shows the size of all mailboxes in an organizational unit.
- MCurrent Mailbox Size vs Quota: Displays each mailbox’s current mailbox size alongside its allocated mailbox quota.
- Mailbox Size Restrictions: Shows the size restrictions for each mailbox.
- Server-Based Mailbox Growth: Shows the growth rate of mailboxes in a server during the specified period.
- Database-Based Mailbox Growth: Shows the growth rate of mailboxes in a database during the specified period.
Account Status Reports
- Recently Created Mailboxes: Lists all the mailboxes that were created in the past n days.
- Inactive Mailboxes by Last Sent Email: Lists all the mailboxes that have not sent emails in the past n days.
- Inactive Mailboxes by Last Received Email: Lists all the mailboxes that have not received any emails in the past n days.
- Inactive Mailboxes by Last Logon Time: Lists all the mailboxes that were not logged in to in the past n days.
- Disconnected Mailboxes: Lists all the mailboxes that are disabled, were deleted in the past 30 days, or are not associated with an Active Directory user account.
- Expired Account Mailboxes: Lists all the mailbox user accounts that have expired in the past n days.
- Soon-to-expire Account Mailboxes: Lists all the mailbox user accounts that will expire in n days.
- Mailbox Auto Reply Status: Shows the auto-reply state (enabled, disabled, or scheduled) for each mailbox.
- Folder Message Count and Size: Shows all mailbox folders, their path, and the number and size of the emails in each folder.
- Folder-wise Unread Emails with Subject: Shows the total number of unread emails in each folder, along with their subject.
- Messages by Subject Keyword: Shows all emails filtered by subject keywords, along with the sender and receiver details.
- Messages by Body Keyword: Shows all emails filtered by keywords in the email body.
- Attachments by File Name Keyword: Shows all emails filtered by attachment file name keyword.
- Attachments by File Extension Keyword: Shows all emails filtered by attachment file extension keyword. For example, you can configure the report to detect all emails that contain EXE or ZIP attachments.
- Attachments by File Size: Shows all emails filtered by attachment file size. For example, you can configure the report to detect all emails that contain attachments over 5MB in size.
- Message Count and Size Summary: Shows the total number of emails and the total size of emails present in a mailbox, server, or database for the entire month or year.
- Permissions Based on Mailboxes: Shows the users who have mailbox access permissions for each mailbox.
- Permissions Based on Users: Describes the mailbox permissions that each user has.
- Non-Owner Mailbox Permissions: Shows the permissions (FullAccess, SendAs) that non-owners have on others’ mailboxes.
Retention Policies Reports
- Retention Policies: Shows all the retention policies including when they were created and last modified.
- No. of Mailboxes with Policies: Shows the number of mailboxes associated with each retention policy.
- Mailboxes with Policies: Lists the mailboxes associated with a specified retention policy.
- Retention Policy Details: Shows the details of a specified retention policy.
- Mailboxes without Retention Policies: Shows mailboxes that are not associated with any retention policy.
Resource Mailbox Reports
- Room Mailbox Details: Shows the room mailbox details, such as room name, booking windows, capacity, and booking agent.
- Equipment Mailbox Details: Shows the equipment mailbox details, such as equipment name, booking window, capacity, and booking agent.