Moving Firewall Analyzer Server installation to another server
This procedure is applicable for Firewall Analyzer version 7.4 (Build 7400) or earlier.
How to find build number?
In the Firewall Analyzer web client, and click the About link in the top pane. You will find the build number mentioned below the build version. This is the build number of the currently installed Firewall Analyzer.
How to move Firewall Analyzer installation to a new server?
Ensure that the License file in the old server is copied to the new server after moving the Firewall Analyzer to the new server.
Before moving the Firewall Analyzer installation to a new machine, ensure that the build of the old installation is latest. If not, upgrade in the old installation to the latest build and proceed further. To find out the build number:
- You can click on About link in the top right hand corner, the build number will be displayed in the About pop-up screen.
- If you are not able to open the UI, go to the folder C:\ManageEngine\Firewall\troubleshooting and open the file build.properties in a notepad, you can find the build number in the file.
Follow the steps given below to move Firewall Analyzer installation to a different server:
- Stop the Firewall Analyzer server/service.
- Check the Windows Task Manager for the processes 'java.exe' and 'mysqld-nt.exe', if any of these processes is running, kill only the Firewall Analyzer related process.
- Copy the following folders (including the files and sub-folders) completely to another drive or to a mapped network drive as a precautionary measure.
This will help us to restore the settings and data in-case of any issue with the new machine.
- The folder, 'MySQL' located under <Firewall Analyzer Home>\.
- The folder, 'Archive' located under <Firewall Analyzer Home>\server\default\archive\.
- Download and install the latest build of Firewall Analyzer from the following link in the new server:
- Once you install the application in the new machine, ensure that you do not start the application or shutdown the application, if started.
- Rename the folder <Firewall Analyzer Home>\MySQL as 'MySQLori'.
- Copy the MySQL folder (which is located under <Firewall Analyzer Home>\MySQL) from the old machine to the new machine in the same location.
Take extra care and ensure that the Firewall Analyzer is not running on both the machines while performing this operation.
- Restart the Firewall Analyzer on the new machine and check whether the data and configurations are intact.
To move the Firewall Analyzer's Indexes to new server
- Go to Archive Settings page.
- Enable Change Raw Logs Indexing Location check box.
- Modify the Log Indexing Location to the new location and save.
- Move all the directories from previous location to the new location.
Procedure to move Firewall Analyzer Server installation to another server for MSSQL database
- Stop Firewall Analyzer server/service.
- Download and install the latest build of Firewall Analyzer from the following link:
- Once you install the application in the new machine, kindly make sure that you do not start the application or shutdown the Firewall Analyzer if started.
- Please configure the MSSQL server credentials of the earlier Firewall Analyzer server installation as explained in the Configuring MSSQL Database topic.
- Start the Firewall Analyzer server/service on the new machine and check whether the data and the configurations are intact.