Monitoring HP EML and ESL Tapelibraries in SAN / NAS networks
OpStor provides monitoring and management of HP EML and ESL Tapelibraries
- HP EML E-Series
- HP ESL E-Series
- Tape Drives
- Chassis details
- Fibre Channel ports
- Storage Media details
- Media Access Device
- TapeLibrary status
- Tape Drive status
- Drive port status
- Changer Device status
Prerequisites for monitoring HP EML / ESL Tapelibrary
Steps to add HP EML / ESL Tapelibrary in OpStor
- Navigate to Admin Tab --> Manage Storage Devices link in OpStor client
- Provide IP Address of HP TapeLibrary
- Choose the DeviceType as 'TapeLibrary'
- Choose the Vendor as 'HP'
- Provide the SMI-S Provider Username and Password
- If needed change the Timeout value (default value is 5 seconds)
- Click on Add Device
Note : If the Ping option is disabled for the device, then please uncheck 'Ping the given IP' field.
Note : In case of non discovery of the device, please follow the troubleshooting tips displayed in the webclient and try readding the device.