Monitoring EMC CLARiiON RAID Networked Storage Systems
OpStor provides monitoring and management of EMC CLARiiON & EMC VNX (Block) RAID Networked Storage Systems.
All EMC Clariion Storage Arrays are supported.
- CX series like
- FC Series like FC4700
- AX 4
|Inventory Details||Logical Details||Monitors||Report Details|
- Storage Processors
- SP Ports
- Disk Drives
- Raid Groups
- Host-Port Mappings
- Storage Group
- Disk Array Enclosure
- Storage Processor Enclosure
- SP Status
- SP Port status
- Disk Drive status
- LUN status
- Raid Group status
- Disk Array Enclosure Status
- Storage Processor Enclosure Status
- Capacity Summary
- Availability for SP / SP Ports
- SP statistics
- LUN statistics
- Disk statistics
- Interconnect details
Prerequisites for monitoring EMC CLARiiON
OpStor uses command line utility (NaviCLI.exe/NaviSecCLI.exe) available as part of NaviSphere suite of EMC CLARiiON RAID
- NaviCLI/NaviSecCLI should be installed in the server in which OpStor is installed.
- Include the directory containing NaviCLI.exe/NaviSecCLI.exe in the PATH system environment variable. (This is normally C:\Program Files\EMC\Navisphere CLI\ ) by going into My Computer -> Properties -> Advanced -> Environmental Variables
- Ensure that OpStor is restarted (shutdown & started) after including NaviCLI/NaviSecCLI in the path. This is required for the latest path changes to take effect for OpStor
- Now open a command prompt to execute the navicli command to check for the proper response from EMC CLARiiON RAID
- Command : navicli -h <array name> getall (for systems with NaviCLI installed)
- Command : naviseccli -h <array name> -scope 0 -user <storage system username> -password <storage system password> getall (for systems with NaviSecCLI installed)
- Ensure that, OpStor installed machine is reachable from the Storage system.
How to enable Performance monitoring on EMC CLARiiON
For Performance monitoring, please ensure that setStats flag is enabled. You can enable this using following command in the array
NaviCLI Command : navicli -h <array-ip> setstats -on
NaviSecCLI Command : naviseccli -h <array-ip> -scope 0 -user <storage system username> -password <storage system password> setstats -on
Steps to add EMC CLARiiON in OpStor
- In the OpStor client go to Admin Tab --> 'Discovery' Tab
- Provide IP Address of EMC Clariion Array
- Choose the Device Type as 'RAID'
- Choose the Vendor as 'EMC'
- Choose the Model as 'Clariion'
- If you are adding CX4/AX4, then provide the Username, Password and Community string.
- Change the Timeout if needed.
- Click on Add Device
- Repeat the above procedure to add the second array IP in case of dual Storage Processors.
Note : If the Ping facility is disabled for the device, then please uncheck 'Ping the given IP' field.
Note : In case of non discovery of the device, please follow the troubleshooting tips displayed in the webclient and try re-adding the device.