Monitoring EMC Connectrix switches and directors
OpStor provides monitoring and management of EMC Connextrix switches and directors
- EMC Connectrix switches
- EMC Connectrix directors
- Fabric Switch
- Fabric switch ports
- Rx Traffic
- Rx Throughput
- Tx Traffic
- Total Throughput
- Fabric Switch Status
- Switch Port status
- Switch Summary
- Switch Zoning
- Switch Port statistics
- Interconnect details
- Real Time graphs
Prerequisites for monitoring EMC Switches / Directors
- Ensure SNMP agent is running in the EMC Switch / Director.
- By default, OpStor uses snmp port 161 and read community public for discovery
- If your settings are different , please provide the same while adding switch in OpStor client
- Register OpStor server IP address as a trap destination for the EMC Switch
Steps to add EMC Fabric Switch in OpStor
- Navigate to Admin Tab --> Manage Storage Devices link in OpStor client
- Provide IP Address of EMC Switch / Director
- Choose Device Type as 'FCSwitch'
- Choose Vendor as 'SNIA FCMGMT'
- Provide SNMP Port and Community string (default is 161 and public)
- If needed change the Timeout value (default is 5 seconds)
- Click on Add Device
Note : If the Ping option is disabled for the device, then please uncheck 'Ping the given IP' field.
Note : In case of non discovery of the device, please follow the troubleshooting tips displayed in the webclient and try re-adding the device.