Monitoring EMC Symmetrix VMAX Storage Arrays using OpStor
OpStor provides monitoring and management of EMC Symmetrix VMAX Storage Arrays.
- Symmetrix DMX series
- Symmetrix DMX-3 series
- Symmetrix DMX-4 series
- VMAX 10k
- VMAX 20k
- VMAX 40k
|Inventory Details||Logical Details||Monitors||Report Details|
- Raid Controllers
- Raid Controller Ports
- Disk Drives
- Storage Volume
- Storage Pool
- Disk Drive status
- Raid Controller status
- Raid Controller Port status
- Capacity Summary
- Performance Reports
Prerequisites for monitoring EMC Symmetrix VMAX Storage Arrays
- OpStor uses EMC SMI-S provider to monitor the EMC Symmetrix VMAX arrays.
- Enginuity version 5668 or later is required.
- EMC Solutions Enabler V7.1.1 or later.
- It can be downloaded from Powerlink website
- This provider can be installed on any server that is reachable from the server where OpStor is installed.
- Ensure that the SMI-S provider is properly running.
Steps to add EMC Symmetrix VMAX Storage Array in OpStor
- Navigate to Admin Tab --> Manage Storage Devices link in OpStor client
- Provide IP Address of the server where SMI-S provider is running.
- Choose the Device Type as 'RAID'
- Choose the Vendor as 'EMC'
- Choose the Model as 'Symmetrix'
- In the Username field, provide the SMI-S provider's username.
- In the Password field, provide the SMI-S provider's password.
- Provider the port number at which the CIM agent is running (5989 or 5988)
- Check whether SSL should be Enabled (https) or Disabled (http)
- Provide the namespace to connect to the provider. (by default root/emc)
- If needed change the Timeout value (default is 180 seconds)
- Click on Add Device
Note : If the Ping facility is disabled for the device, then please uncheck 'Ping the given IP' field.
Note : In case of non discovery of the device, please follow the troubleshooting tips displayed in the webclient and try re-adding the device.