Monitoring HP 3PAR Storage Arrays using OpStor
OpStor provides monitoring and management of HP 3PAR Storage Arrays.
- Raid Controllers
- Raid Controller Ports
- Disk Drives
- Power Supply
- Storage Pool
- Storage Volume
- Virtual Volumes
- Raid status
- Raid Controller status
- Raid Controller Port status
- Disk Drives
- Storage Pools
- Storage Volumes
- Fan / Power Supply / Battery
- Capacity Summary
|Prerequisites for monitoring HP 3PAR Storage Arrays
- OpStor uses HP 3PAR SMI-S provider for monitoring the storage.
- The provider is by default embedded in the storage
- Ensure that the SMI-S provider is properly running.
|Prerequisites for monitoring HP 3PAR Storage Arrays SNMP Traps
Steps to add OpStor server IP address as trap destination.
- Connect to HP 3PAR CLI with an Administrator Account.
- Then execute the following command addsnmpmgr <OPSTOR_SERVER_IP>
- To register the manager with the agent, use the addsnmpmgr command followed by the manager’s IP address ie., addsnmpmgr <Manager_IP>
- If you need to use one of the following options, enter it after the command and before the IP address.
- -p <port_number> - Specifies the port number where the manager receives traps. The default port 162.
- -pw <password> - Specifies the manager’s access password, if the manager has one.
- -r <number> - Specifies the number of times the system will attempt to resend the trap if the manager is not available. You can specify from 1 to 15 retries. The default is 2.
- -t <seconds> - Specifies the number of seconds to wait between retries. You can set the timeout from 1 to 300 seconds. The default is 200.
NOTE: The InForm OS supports a maximum of 10 registered SNMP managers
- To view the Registered Manager, execute showsnmpmgr
- To send a test trap to all registered SNMP managers, use the command checksnmp. Please check the link for further clarification. Reference
|Steps to add HP 3PAR Storage Arrays in OpStor
- Navigate to Admin Tab --> Manage Storage Devices link in OpStor client
- Provide the IP Address of the array
- Choose the Device Type as 'RAID'
- Choose the Vendor as 'HP'
- Choose the Model as '3PAR'
- In the Username field, provide the SMI-S provider's username.
- In the Password field, provide the SMI-S provider's password.
- Provider the port number at which the CIM agent is running (5989 or 5988)
- Check whether SSL should be Enabled (https) or Disabled (http)
- Provide the namespace to connect to the provider. (by default root/tpd)
- If needed change the Timeout value (default is 180 seconds)
- Click on Add Device
Note : If the Ping facility is disabled for the device, then please uncheck 'Ping the given IP' field.
Note : In case of non discovery of the device, please follow the troubleshooting tips displayed in the webclient and try re-adding the device.