Monitoring and Management of HP MSA P2000 G3 in OpStor
OpStor provides monitoring and management of HP MSA P2000 series Modular Storage Arrays
- Array Controllers
- Array Controller Ports
- Disk Drives
- Array Components
- Storage Volume
- Storage Pools
- Storage Extent
- Array System status
- Array Controller status
- Disk Drive status
- Storage Pools status
- Storage Extent status
- Power Supply
- System Chasis
- Capacity Summary
- Availability Reports
- Array Performance Statistics
- Array Controller Statistics
- Port Statistics
- Storage Volume Statistics
Prerequisites for monitoring HP MSA P2000 series Storage Arrays
- OpStor uses the HP SMI-S MSA Provider based on SNIA standard to monitor the HP MSA P2000 series Arrays.
- The MSA provider can be installed on any server that is reachable from the server where OpStor is installed.
- Ensure that the SMI-S provider is properly running.
Steps to add HP MSA P2000 series Array in OpStor
- Navigate to Admin Tab --> 'Discovery' tab.
- Provide IP Address of server where HP MSA CIM Agent is running
- Choose the Device Type as 'RAID'
- Choose the Vendor as 'HP'
- Choose the Model as 'MSAP2000'
- In Username field enter the MSA Provider username
- In the Password field enter the MSA Provider password
- Provide the Port number at which the CIM Agent is running(5989 or 5988)
- Choose whether the SSL should be Enabled(https) or Disabled(http)
- Provide the name space (by default root/HPQ)
- Enter the timeout
- Click on Add Device
Note : If the Ping facility is disabled for the device, then please uncheck 'Ping the given IP' field.
Note : In case of non discovery of the device, please follow the troubleshooting tips displayed in the webclient and try re-adding the device.