Monitoring and Management of IBM ESS Shark series in OpStor
OpStor provides monitoring and management of IBM ESS Shark series
- ESS 2105-800
- ESS 2105-750
- ESS 2105-F20
- Array Controllers
- Array Controller Ports
- Disk Drives
- Storage Pools
- Storage Volumes
- Interconnects Info
- Array System status
- Array Controller status
- Drive Drive status
- Storage Pools status
- Storage Volumes status
- Capacity Summary
- Availability Reports
Prerequisites for monitoring IBM ESS Shark Array
- OpStor uses the IBM Common Information Model (CIM) Agent for ESS to monitor the IBM ESS Shark Array
- The IBM ESS CIM agent can be installed on any server that is pingable from the server where OpStor is installed
- IBM CIM agent install requires esscli utility is already installed in the server
- The ESS CIM Agent is downloadable from the IBM site at
- Installation details for the ESS CIM Agent are available in the above page itself
- Disable DigestAuthentication by setting DigestAuthentication flag to false in cimom.properties file
Note : Default directory is C:\Program Files\IBM\cimagent
- Start the ESS Provider service CIM Object Manager - DS Open API from the Windows services menu
Steps to add IBM ESS Shark Array in OpStor
- Navigate to Admin Tab --> Manage Storage Devices link in OpStor client
- Provide IP Address of server where IBM ESS CIM Agent is running
- Choose the Device Type as 'RAID'
- Choose the Vendor as 'IBM'
- In Username field enter the ESS CIM Agent username
- In the Password field enter the ESS CIM Agent password
- Provide the Port number at which the CIM Agent is running(5989 or 5988)
- Choose whether the SSL should be Enabled(https) or Disabled(http)
- Provied the name space (by default root/ibm)
- Enter the timeout
- Click on Add Device.
Note : If the Ping facility is disabled for the device, then please uncheck 'Ping the given IP' field.
Note : In case of non discovery of the device, please follow the troubleshooting tips displayed in the webclient and try re-adding the device.