Monitoring IBM SAN Volume Controller (SVC) using OpStor
OpStor provides monitoring and management of IBM SAN Volume Controllers(SVC).
- Raid Controllers
- Raid Controller Ports
- Backend Controllers
- Backend Volume
- IO Group
- Storage Volume
- Storage Pool
- Raid Controller status
- Raid Controller Port status
- Cluster Status
- IO Group status
- Node Status
- Storage Volume Status
- Storage Pool Status
- Backend Volume Status
- Capacity Summary
|Prerequisites for monitoring IBM SAN Volume Controllers (SVC)
- OpStor uses IBM SAN Volume Controller(SVC) SMI-S provider for monitoring the storage.
- This provider is by default embedded in each cluster
- Ensure that the SMI-S provider is properly running.
|Prerequisites for monitoring IBM SVC SNMP Traps
- Connect to IBM SVC Web Interface with an administrator account.
- Click on Settings.
- Click on Event Notifications.
- Click on SNMP.
- Enter the fully qualified domain name or IP Address of the Server in which OpStor is installed, in the IP Address section.
- Now specify the Port Number as 162.
- Now check all the Event Notifications checkbox.
|Steps to add IBM SAN Volume Controller (SVC) in OpStor
- Navigate to Admin Tab --> Manage Storage Devices link in OpStor client
- Provide IP Address of the cluster where SMI-S provider is running.
- Choose the Device Type as 'RAID'
- Choose the Vendor as 'IBM'
- Choose the Model as 'SVC'
- In the Username field, provide the SMI-S provider's username.
- In the Password field, provide the SMI-S provider's password.
- Provider the port number at which the CIM agent is running (5989 or 5988)
- Check whether SSL should be Enabled (https) or Disabled (http)
- Provide the namespace to connect to the provider. (by default root/ibm)
- If needed change the Timeout value (default is 180 seconds)
- Click on Add Device
Note : If the Ping facility is disabled for the device, then please uncheck 'Ping the given IP' field.
Note : In case of non discovery of the device, please follow the troubleshooting tips displayed in the webclient and try re-adding the device.