Monitoring LightSand switches
OpStor provides monitoring and management of LightSand switches.
- Fabric Switch
- Fabric switch ports
- Rx Traffic
- Rx Throughput
- Tx Traffic
- Tx Throughput
- Total Throughput
- Fabric Switch Status
- Switch Port status
- Switch Summary
- Switch Zoning
- Switch Port statistics
- Interconnect details
- Real Time graphs
Prerequisites for monitoring LightSand Switches
- Ensure SNMP agent is running in the LightSand switch.
- By default, OpStor uses SNMP port 161 and read community 'public' for discovery. If your settings are different , please provide the same in the OpStor webclient while adding the switch.
- Register OpStor server IP address as a trap destination for the LightSand switch.
Steps to add LightSand Fabric Switch in OpStor
- Navigate to Admin Tab --> Manage Storage Devices link in OpStor client
- Provide IP Address of LightSand Switch
- Choose Device Type as 'FCSwitch'
- Choose Vendor as 'SNIA FCMGMT'
- Provide SNMP Port and Community string (default is 161 and public)
- If needed change the Timeout value (default value is 5 seconds)
- Click on Add Device.
Note : If the Ping option is disabled for the device, then please uncheck 'Ping the given IP' field.
Note : In case of non discovery of the device, please follow the troubleshooting tips displayed in the webclient and try re-adding the device.