Monitoring and Management of QLogic SANbox Switches in OpStor
OpStor provides monitoring and management of QLogic SANBox switches
- SANbox 5600
- SANbox 5200
- SANbox 3050
- SANbox Express 1400
- Fabric Switch
- Fabric switch ports
- Tx Traffic
- Rx Traffic
- Tx Throughput
- Rx Throughput
- Total Throughput
- Fabric Switch Status
- Switch Port status
- Switch Summary
- Switch Zoning
- Switch Port statistics
- Interconnect details
- Real Time graphs
Prerequisites for monitoring QLogic SANBox Switches
- Ensure SNMP agent is running in the QLogic SANbox Switch. To view the SNMP settings
- Use the QLogic Switch telnet command "show setup snmp".
For any changes use "set setup snmp".
- OpStor by default, uses snmp port 161 and read community 'public' for discovery. If your settings are different , please provide the same in the OpStor web-client while adding Switch.
- Register OpStor server IP address as a snmp trap destination for the QLogic Switch
Note : For more details refer QLogic Switch Management User’s Guide
Steps to add QLogic SANBox Switch in OpStor
- Navigate to Admin Tab --> Manage Storage Devices link in OpStor client
- Provide IP Address of QLogic Switch
- Choose Device Type as 'FCSwitch'
- Choose Vendor as 'SNIA FCMGMT'
- Provide SNMP Port and Community string (default is 161 and public)
- If needed change the Timeout value (default is 5 seconds)
- Click on Add Device
Note : If the Ping facility is disabled for the device, then please uncheck 'Ping the given IP' field.
Note : In case of non discovery of the device, please follow the troubleshooting tips displayed in the webclient and try re-adding the device.