Monitoring SUN StorEdge tape libraries using OpStor
OpStor provides monitoring and management of SUN StorEdge L-series tape libraries
- Tape library Inventory information
- Tape library status Monitoring
- Availability reports for Tape library .
- Monitoring and alarm generation for faulty conditions (via SNMP traps)
- Tape library state
- Tape library availability state
Prerequisites for Monitoring
- Ensure that the SNMP agent is running
- Register OpStor server IP address as trap destination
- OpStor uses snmp community "public" (If a different community is used , it needs to be specified when you add the device via OpStor)
Steps to add the device for monitoring in the OpStor Browser client
- Navigate to Admin Tab --> Manage Storage Devices link in OpStor client
- Provide IP Address of SUN StorEdge TapeLibrary
- Choose the Device Type as 'TapeLibrary'
- Choose Vendor as 'StorageTek'
- Provide SNMP Port and Community string (default is 161 and public)
- If needed, change the Timeout value (default is 5 seconds)
- Click on Add Device
Note : If the Ping option is disabled for the device, then please uncheck 'Ping the given IP' field.
Note : In case of non discovery of the device, please follow the troubleshooting tips displayed in the webclient and try re-adding the device.