Monitoring VMware ESX/ESXi Servers
OpStor provides monitoring and management of VMware ESX/ESXi servers in your SAN environment.
- VMware ESX/ESXi 3.5
- VMware ESX/ESXi 4.0
- VMware ESX/ESXi 4.1
- VMware ESX/ESXi 5.0
- VMware ESX/ESXi 5.5
- SCSI LUN Info
- DataStore Info
- CPU Utilization
- Memory Utilization
- Ethernet Link Status
- Virtual Switch Info
- Virtual Machines Info
- Processor Info
- Physical CPU Info
- HBA Info
- NIC Info
- Host Summary
Prerequisites for monitoring VMware ESX Servers
- Ensure that the vSphere WebAccess service is running in ESX server.
Steps to add VMware ESX Servers to OpStor
- Navigate to Admin Tab --> Manage Storage Devices link in OpStor Webclient
- Specify the IP Address of the ESX server.
- Choose Device Type as 'Host'.
- Choose Vendor as 'VMware'.
- Choose Model as 'ESX(3.5&above)'
- Provide the vSphere WebAccess service administrator Username and Password.
- Click on 'Add Device'.
Note: If the Ping facility is disabled for the device, then please uncheck 'Ping the given IP' field.
Note: In case of non discovery of the device, please follow the troubleshooting tips displayed in the webclient and try readding the device.