Integrating Password Manager Pro with ManageEngine Analytics Plus
(Feature applicable for Enterprise edition and build number 10301 and above only)
- Key benefits of integration
- How does the integration work?
- Steps to configure the integration
- Steps to view the configuration details from PMP
1. Key Benefits of Integration
ManageEngine Password Manager Pro (PMP) integrates with ManageEngine Analytics Plus, an on-premises reporting and business intelligence service. The PMP-Analytics Plus integration brings about out-of-the-box analytics using data from the following modules:
- Resources: Detailed record of resources and their usage.
- User Accounts: List of users, their access levels and permissions.
- Audits: Elaborate history of the operations performed by users.
Through advanced analytics on these modules, you will gain a comprehensive analysis of all your privileged account activities through a unified outlook, with the ability to drill down into specifics and gain actionable insights.
2. How Does the Integration Work?
Analytics Plus sources data from PMP via its API using your login credentials. The reports are generated automatically with up-to-date data, and you can gain a complete overview of the reports from the PMP-specific dashboard of Analytics Plus. You can also set timeline filters. Once the integration is complete, you will be able to access the workspace created with all the relevant reports and live dashboards built using data from PMP.
- All the configurations related to the PMP-Analytics Plus integration can be done from the Analytics Plus portal only. Hence, make sure you have access to an active Analytics Plus portal.
- PMP should be accessible from the server on which Analytics Plus is running. To verify this, try launching your PMP web-client from the Analytics Plus server.
- To login PMP, the Analytics Plus user should have their user login mapped in PMP.
- The Auth token generated during the integration process is specific to your Analytics Plus instance, and will be displayed only once. Hence, make sure you copy the Auth Token as you need to paste it in the required field in the Analytics Plus portal.
- PMP and Analytics Plus servers should be running in the same time zone.
3. Steps to Configure the Integration
All the configurations related to the PMP - Analytics Plus integration can be performed from the Analytics Plus console only. From the PMP console, you can view the configuration details and regenerate the AuthTtoken. Click the below link for the configuration steps:
Once you have finished configuring the integration as instructed in the above link, you will be able to automatically generate reports with up-to-date data and gain a complete overview of the reports from the PMP-specific dashboard in Analytics Plus.
4. Steps to View the Configuration Details from PMP
Once you are done with configuring the integration from the Analytics Plus portal, you can view the configuration details from the PMP console. Navigate to Admin >> Integration >> ManageEngine. You will see the Integrations | ManageEngine page.
In the Integrations | ManageEngine page, you will see the Analytics Plus block that looks like any of the below images based on whether integration is enabled or disabled:
Buttons and Definitions:
Sl. No: Button Definition
You will see this option if the integration is disabled. Click this button and you will be notified with a message to set up the integration from the Analytics Plus portal.
Click this button, and the Analytics Plus Integration window pops up.
You will see this option if the integration is enabled. Click this button to disable the integration.
Click the Edit button and you will see the below window:
From the Analytics Plus Integration window, you will be able to do the following:
- View the configuration details that include:
- AUTH Token: You will see the "Auth Token Available" message in this field. Each time you click the Generate button, the new Auth Token will be shown here.
- Host Name: The DNS name of the machine, where Analytics Plus is hosted.
- Port Number: The port number on which Analytics Plus is listening.
- Click the Generate button to generate a new Auth Token.
- Click Save to save the changes.
You can generate any number of Auth tokens from here. This option comes handy if you have lost the Auth Token that was generated during the initial configuration process. Whenever you generate a new Auth token, click Save for the change to take effect.