Barcode Generation method
The barcodes can be generated either Sequentially or Manually.
Select the Sequential Method to generate barcodes sequentially by giving a "starting from" value and the assets count.
For eg, Say if you have 25 new Laptops and need barcodes from the number 150,
- Enter the starting value as 150 and the count as 25.
- Enter the prefix and suffix to be added with the barcode for eg. Prefix as LAP and Suffix as CA.
- The generated Barcode will be as follows LAP150CA, LAP151CA..LAP174CA.
To generate barcode sequentially,
- Select Sequential in the Barcode generation method.
- Add Product Type and Product. Click on icon to add product details.
- Enter the prefix and suffix.
- Enter the From value and the assets count.
To generate barcodes manually,
- Select Manual in the Barcode generation method.
- Enter the Barcodes manually (Use commas to seperate the barcodes).
- Enter comments if needed and click Generate barcodes and add assets.
- Barcodes will be generated and the Assets will be added successfully.