Add Quick Category, Sub-category and Item
Add Quick CSI option allows you to add new Categories, Sub-categories and Items in an instant, instead of adding them using individual 'New' option . This option proves to reduce time consumption when large number of categories or subcategories or items have to be added. This option is available under Admin > Helpdesk Customizer > Category > New > Add Quick CSI.
To bulk add Category, Sub-Category and Item :
1. Click Add Quick CSI from the Category List window. The 'Add Quick CSI' window will be displayed with text area to enter the CSI and the preview screen to get a view of the CSI entered.
- In the text area of the pop-up window, text entered with no tabs will be considered as Category.
- Text entered with single tab will be taken as Sub-category, while text entered with two tabs will be taken as Item.
2. Press 'enter' after typing the CSI to preview the details.
- Save: Clicking 'Save' will save the Category, Sub-category and Item in the text area.
- Clear: Clicking 'Clear' will reset the text area.
- Cancel: Clicking 'Cancel' will close the 'Add Quick CSI' window.
Following is a sample and preview of the added Category, Sub-category and Items.
- Preview: A preview will be displayed when 'Enter' is pressed or when preview link is clicked.
- Expand all : Expands the tree displaying all the Categories, Sub categories and Items in the preview section.
- Collapse all: Shrinks the tree displaying only the Categories in the preview section.
3. After clicking 'Save', the result window showing the total number of added records and added Categories, Sub-categories and Items will be displayed. Clicking 'Close Window' will take you back to the category list window.
- Provide an unique name for the Category. If same names are provided for two or more categories, the preview will display that corresponding category only once.
- Category, Sub category and Items entered in the text area are not case sensitive