Request Closing Rules
Request closing rules can be used to select the mandatory fields to be filled in by the technicians while closing the requests. You can also use it to confirm user acknowledgement to the technician and close requests either manually or automatically.
To preset the request closing rules,
Go to Admin > Helpdesk Customizer > Request Closing Rules. This opens Request Closing Rules page.
Select the mandatory fields for closing the request from the list by enabling the check box.
Confirm User Acknowledgement
On closing the request, the resolution is acknowledged by the requester through mail (if the option is enabled in Notification Rules). If you want to prompt a confirmation message to the technician asking if user has acknowledged the resolution then enable Yes, prompt a message radio button, else enable No, don't prompt a message radio button.
Request Closing Process
If you would like to close the request manually select the Manual radio button.
Savethe changes. On resolving the request each time you have to close the request manually.
- Select the Automated Close radio button to close the request automatically.
In the automatic mode,
- An email is sent to the requester when the Request is put in Resolved state
- The Requester can Close the Request with the close link given or Re-open the Request by replying to the mail.
- If the Requester takes no action the Request will be closed after the number of days specified in the combo box.
- Select the close resolved request aftern number of days from the combo box. After the selected number of days the resolved requests will be closed automatically if the requester does not take any action.
- Save the details.
Example: If you have selected Resolution as a mandatory field, then the technician fixing the problem, should enter the reason and solution for the problem in the resolution text field before closing the request, else an error message pops up asking you to enter the details in the resolution field. If Yes, prompt a message radio button is enabled then, a confirmation message is prompted to the concerned technician if user has acknowledged the resolution.
Request Closing Wizard
Guide technicians using Request Closing Wizard to fill out the missed mandatory fields while closing a request. This will come handy when a technician closes a request without filling out the mandatory field configured in closing rules(Admin >> Request Closing Rules) such as Resolution, category/sub-category etc. The technician will be shown a prompt with the missed out fields marked. The technician can fill out those fields and close the request from there itself.
Close requests automatically if approval is denied
Enabling this option will automatically close a request when approval is denied for the request - i.e, if the approval status of a request is changed to the “Denied” state. Normally the admin/technician has to manually delete a request when approval is denied for the request, however with this option that need is eliminated. With this, you can:
1. Configure the time after which a request should be closed once approval is denied. Use the days and hours drop-down to configure it.
2. Select an appropriate Request Closure Code.
3. Add Request Closure Comments and Resolution, if any, in the given fields.
4. Configure what should be done with the pending tasks that are associated with the request - for e.g. you can configure the status of the pending tasks to be changed to “Closed”, “Resolved” or to some custom completed status, else you can configure to delete those tasks when approval is denied.
Request will be automatically closed only if it’s approval status is changed to the “Denied” status.