SDP MSP - ManageEngine Analytics Plus / Zoho Analytics Integration
Integration of Zoho/ManageEngine Analytics Plus with SDP MSP provides easy report generation, analysis, and interpretation and has the advantage of timely-sync. ManageEngine Analytics Plus is for On-premise integration while Zoho Analytics is for Cloud integration.
To configure the integration, follow the links below:
- ServiceDesk Plus MSP - Zoho Analytics Integration (Cloud)
- ServiceDesk Plus MSP - ME Analytics Plus Integration (On-Premises)
Go to Admin >> Integrations >> Advanced Analytics and click Setup Advanced Analytics integration. By default, the Enable Advanced Analytics menu option is selected to allow a quick navigation link to Advanced Analytics data from the header.
Zoho Analytics for Cloud
Zoho Analytics is a cloud-based reporting & business intelligence service that helps users to analyze business data and create insightful reports/dashboards. By integrating Zoho Analytics with Service Desk Plus MSP, you can analyze the key metrics of a service desk and provide informed decisions to optimize business operations.
Prerequisites: Create a Zoho Analytics Account
Zoho Analytics is hosted at multiple data centers, and therefore available on different domains. There are 5 different domains available for Zoho Analytics Integration.
Before setting up the integration, you are required to create a Zoho Analytics account in an applicable data center. We strongly recommend you use a common email address while signing up.
Use one of the signup links below to create an account in Zoho Analytics:
Generate OAuth Credentials
Service Desk Plus uses an OAuth-based authorization protocol to provide secure and delegated access to users. Administrators can generate OAuth credentials via Zoho API Console by using one of the data center links below. Ensure that the data center you select corresponds with the signup URL where you created your Zoho Analytics account earlier.
From the data center webpage, you will be prompted to create a new client. Follow the steps below to generate your OAuth Credentials:
1. Select Server-based Applications as your Client Type.
2. Enter a Client Name.
3. Enter your ServiceDesk Plus MSP domain URL as the Homepage URL.
4. Copy the Redirect URL displayed in ServiceDesk Plus MSP application as the Authorized Redirect URIs.
5. Click Create.
After the client is created, navigate to the Client Secret tab and copy the Client ID and Client Secret values securely to configure them in ServiceDesk Plus MSP.
Once you have copied the Client ID and Client Secret values securely, go to the Advanced Analytics configuration page in ServiceDesk Plus MSP to complete the integration process as follows:
- Select a data center where you created the OAuth Client for your Zoho Analytics account from the Choose Data Center drop-down.
- You can edit a unique name for your workspace created in Zoho Analytics.
- Enter the Zoho Email ID that you used to create your Zoho Analytics Account.
- Provide the OAuth Client ID and Client Secret generated for your Zoho Analytics Account while generating your OAuth credentials.
- Click Change Proxy Settings to configure proxy settings and change proxy settings, if needed. Enter the details such as Host, Port, Username, and Password. For further information about proxy settings, click here.
- In the Initial Data Synchronization section, select an initial date from when the reports have to be synchronized. After the initial sync, the data will be synchronized periodically based on the interval specified in the Periodic Data Synchronization section.
- Click Save to validate your credentials. To synchronize your data, click Save and Sync.
Requests, Changes, Projects, Tasks, Worklogs, and Additional fields (except multi-select) will be synchronized.
Solutions and Request Time Elapsed Analysis will be synced.
Encrypted additional fields of Requests and Resource data of service requests will not be synced.
Under licensed/ignored Changes and Projects modules will not be synced.
If you have blocked the pop-ups on your browser, the user consent page opens upon clicking any of the save options. It notifies that the application is attempting to redirect to the Zoho Analytics Reports API. Select Always allow pop-ups and redirects from <servicedeskplusmsp_domain_URL> and click Done.
Once you have added your application URL as an exception, reconfigure the Zoho Analytics integration. After clicking any of the save options, a pop-up window opens up listing the permissions required by Zoho Analytics to complete the integration. Ensure that the scope allows only Zoho Analytics to access your data and click Accept.
Once the integration is set up and the data is synced, the Re-Sync button will appear. You can initiate manual sync anytime using this button.
Details such as Zoho Analytics Admin, Sync Status and Last Successful Sync Time will be displayed on top of the page.
Configure Additional Setup
Navigate to the Additional Setup tab and follow the pointers below:
- Choose the day and time for scheduling the data sync from the Periodic Data Synchronization section. You can use the Instant Sync button to sync the reports immediately with the database anytime.
- Only a maximum of 7 Instant Syncs is allowed per day.
- Select the time duration for clearing up the old data in the Data Retention Policy section.
- In Zoho Analytics User Info, you can view the users who share the configured database in Zoho Analytics. Both the available and unavailable users in ServiceDesk Plus MSP are displayed here.
- The available records and the Zoho Analytics license expiry date are displayed under Zoho Analytics License Information.
- The security information provides detailed information about the data transfer and other precautions.
- By default, the synchronization frequency under the Periodic Data Synchronization section will be set to Repeat for Every 1 Hour. In the event of failure, a failure message will be displayed and an email will be sent to the administrator.
Reset the Integration
Navigate to the Reset tab to:
- Repopulate all configurations in Zoho Analytics
- Remove all the configured settings in Zoho Analytics.
If the integration is removed, the default reports and customized reports will also be removed.
ManageEngine Analytics Plus is a business intelligence and reporting software from ManageEngine that helps generate detailed reports about your Help desk performance & metrics. With a variety of reporting functionalities, it helps you analyze your help desk and take control over your assets & tickets.
Steps to integrate ServiceDesk Plus ManageEngine Analytics Plus
After downloading and installing the ManageEngine Reports on a windows/linux machine, click Admin>>Advanced Analytics >>Initial Setup.
1. The configuration wizard with
- 'Initial setup' ,
- 'Additional setup' and
- 'Remove' will be displayed.
2.In the Initial Setup, Credentials and initial data synchronization will be shown. In the 'credentials' field, enter the following details:
- Host Name/IP Address - Enter the name of the proxy server of ME Analytics Plus or the IP Address.
- HTTPS Port Number - Enter the port number of the server in which ME Analytics Plus is installed. (8443 by default).
- Username - Enter the username of the user account in ManageEngine Analytic Plus. (administrator by default).
- Password - Enter the password of the corresponding user account. (administrator by default)
- Click 'change proxy settings' to configure proxy settings and change proxy settings. Enter the details such as Host, Port, Username and Password.
- In 'Initial Data Synchronization', click on the calendar icon and choose the date from when the reports have to be synchronized . The data will be synchronized based on the interval specified in Additional setup>>Periodic Data Synchronization.
On clicking 'Save' Button: On clicking 'save', the entered details will be saved and the credentials will be validated ,without initializing data sync.
On clicking 'Save and sync' Button: On clicking 'save and sync', the entered details will be saved in the database and the data will get synchronized. It should be noted that the Requests, Service Requests and their Tasks, Worklogs and Additional fields (except multi select) will be synchronized.
On clicking 'Re-Sync': The 'Re-Sync' button will be available after the 'Save and Sync' process is completed.On clicking 'Re-Sync',manual sync process can be initiated.
3.In the Additional Setup,
* Periodic Data Synchronization - Choose the day and time for scheduling the periodic data synchronization.
* Instant Sync - Instant sync allows you to sync the reports immediately with the database without any required scheduling. A maximum of 7 'Instant Sync's are allowed per day. Instant-sync done shows the number of times reports have been instant-synced.
* Data Retention Policy - Select the time duration for cleaning up the older data. The time period for which the data can be retained in Analytics Plus can be configured here.
* ManageEngine Analytics Plus User Info - This info will display the shared users available in the ManageEngine Analytics Plus's configured Database.
* ManageEngine Analytics Plus License Information - Displays the available records and license expiry date.
The security information provides detailed information about the data transfer and other pre-cautions.
Click 'Remove' button to remove all the configured settings and complete database in ManageEngine Analytics Plus. The default reports and the customized reports will also be removed.
How to view Reports after Integration :
Only Users having account either in ManageEngine Analytics Plus or Zoho Reports can view Advanced Analytics Reports.
After Integrating ServiceDesk Plus MSP with Zoho Reports/ ME Analytics Plus, the Reports can be viewed from Reports >> Advanced Analytics.
When 'Advanced Analytics' is clicked a pop-up directing to the Zoho Reports Database will be displayed in case of successful integration with Zoho Reports.
Incase of integration with ManageEngine Analytics Plus, the dashboard of ManageEngine Analytics Plus will be displayed when 'Advanced Analytics' is clicked.
The help icon next to 'Advanced Analytics' will display the Last Successful Sync Time, License Expiry date and the available records.
1. The entire 'Sync schedule' will be ceased in four days if the continuous sync fails.
2. The Retention Policy will run once in seven days.
3. The shared users list in Zoho Reports will be categorized as 'Zoho reports users available in SDP MSP' and 'not available in SDP MSP'. Each category will have users and DB owners.
4. Error log file related to 'Sync' process can be traced out from 'Logs' folder available SDPMSP_Home >>Logs.
If the application (Analytics Plus/Zoho Reports) runs in HTTPS mode, you will have to generate and install a certificate to establish a connection between ServiceDesk Plus MSP and the integrating application servers.