With ServiceDesk Plus, transform the way your ticketing system works to enhance your ticket resolution experience.
Essential features in ServiceDesk Plus for effective IT software license management
Easily record and manage software licenses from all the sites and locations in your organization in one place. The list view of licenses allows quick access to key information such as the expiration date, license type, number of purchases, and availability. This prevents complexity and helps you track licenses with greater efficiency.
Organize each software license in custom license categories, such as individual, enterprise, or OEM, to help make better use of your licenses. Place licenses from a single vendor, such as Microsoft or Adobe, in a single suite and manage them together.
Get a bird's-eye view of all your software licenses in the software dashboard. This includes a real-time dashboard portraying software compliance, metering, license expiration summary, and more.
Maintain software compliance and be audit-ready by keeping track of licenses. Schedule periodic scans of workstations and prevent license violations. Stay alert with notifications on license expiration.
Keep tabs on all purchased licenses and contracts with alerts. Get reminders about contract renewals.
Awards & Recognitions
Best practices for software license management to make a difference:
- Maintain an organized software license inventory with detailed information on all purchased software, including purchase details, contracts, and license types. This helps you stay informed of all available software and take ownership so you can actually use your licenses.
- Stay updated on license usage and expiration to prevent unnecessary spending on unused licenses and maintain compliance. Set alerts for license renewal and expiration, malware detection, maintenance, purchase approvals, and more.
- Deploy an efficient software license management tool that offers a look at the big picture—all purchased software licenses, their statuses, and software compliance status—while also enabling granular tracking of software assets.
- Keep a repository of all software license documents, including contracts, proof of purchase, and vendor details, and link every document to a specific license. This helps your organization stay audit-ready.
- Last but not least, prioritize software license management. Although it may appear to be a rather small part of software asset management, it's important to acknowledge license management’s significance in preserving compliance. This includes keeping all employees informed of the procedures in place and educating them on the importance of compliance.