The Menu Invocation settings enables you to invoke any custom class or script file, right from the Request page through a click on the Request Actions menu. With this setting, different action menus can be created and a custom class or script file can be associated with the menu to perform specific action. The menu created here will be listed under the Actions menu in the Request Details page.
Add New Menu
Login to SupportCenter Plus application using the username and password of an Admin user.
Click the Admin tab in the header pane.
- Click the External Actionsicon under the Helpdesk Settings block. This shows up the External Actions - Menu Invocation page that lists all of the existing actions (if any).
Click the New Menu link available at the top right corner of the page. The New Menu form is shown. Fill-in the required information.
- Enter the Menu Name to identify the invocation action.
Specify the Display Text to be displayed in the Actions menu available in the Request Details page.
- If you wish to make this menu visible to all the request templates, then select Show this menu for all Templates option.
Select Templates (to which this menu should be visible) from the Available Templates list box and click >> to move the same to the Selected Templates list box. To select multiple templates, use Ctrl or Shift key.
- Choose the Show this menu for all Roles option, if you wish to make this menu visible to all the Roles.
Choose the Select Role option and select the support rep roles (to which this menu should be visible) from the drop down list. If you would like to add a new role, then click the Add New Role link which takes you to the Add New Role page.
NOTE: By default, the menu created here will be visible to Global administrator and Business Unit administrator (under Request Details page).Custom HTML File:
Select the Execute action type from the drop down:
If you select the Execution Type as Class, then you need to specify the Executor class in the field provided. For example, "com.scp.jira.jiraImplementation".
If you select the Execution Type as Script, then you need to specify the name and path of the script file in the field provided. For example, "cmd / c Index.bat". By default the scripts will run from "[SCP_Home]/custom_scripts/” directory.
NOTE: We have provided default implementation for JIRA and ServiceDesk Plus Integrations. Refer, "JIRA Integration" and "ServiceDesk Plus Integration" for more information.
- Click Save. The menu gets added to the Menu Invocation list page.
To disable the menu visibility for the support rep or contact, hover the mouse over the menu which you want to disable and click Disable link. The disable menu is indicated with icon. To enable the menu, hover the mouse over the menu which you want to enable and click Enable link. The enabled menus are indicated with icon.
- Click the Edit link beside the Menu Name you wish to edit.
- Modify the details as required.
- Click Save to save the changes performed.
- Click the Delete link beside the Menu Name you wish to delete. A confirmation dialog is opened.
- Click OK to proceed with the deletion. If you do not want to delete the menu, then click Cancel.