Configuring Third party mail servers to send e-mail notifications
You can configure Remote Access Plus server to automatically notify you via e-mails on various important events. Follow the below steps to configure your third-party mail service such as Google Apps to send you e-mail notifications.
From Remote Access Plus server navigate to Admin tab -> Mail Server Settings and specify the following information.
- Server Name : smtp.gmail.com
- Port : 465 (SSL) / 587 (TLS)
- Sender Name: The name in which you want to send the mail
- Sender Email Address: Your e-mail address
- Test Email Address: e-mail address to receive test mails.
- Email Type: SMTP / SMTPS
- Enable TLS: Yes / No. If you choose No, then SSL will be set as default.
- You need to enable authentication for configuring the Gmail account.
- Username: Specify your email address.
- Password: Specify your password.