This section lists out the minimum system requirements that is required to install and work with SharePoint Manager Plus
- Hardware requirements
- Software requirements
- Supported SharePoint platforms
||P4; 1.9 GHz
Supported Operating Systems
ManageEngine SharePoint Manager Plus can be installed in the following Operating Systems (both 32-bit and 64-bit architecture)
- Windows 10
- Windows 8 and 8.1
- Windows 7
- Windows Vista
- Windows Server 2012
- Windows Server 2008 R2
- Windows Server 2008 SP2
Note: If you're installing SharePoint Manager Plus on a Windows Vista platform, ensure that you've Powershell 2.0 as well
Supported web browsers
ManageEngine SharePoint Manager Plus requires the installation of one of the below web browsers in the system in which it is installed to connect to the web client:
- Microsoft Edge
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 9 and above
- Mozilla Firefox 3 and above
- Google Chrome
Supported SharePoint platforms
ManageEngine SharePoint Manager Plus supports both online and on premise SharePoint servers. The solution supports the following SharePoint versions:
- Microsoft SharePoint 2010, 2013, 2016
- Office 365
Starting SharePoint Manager Plus
You can start SharePoint Manager Plus as,
- An application
- A Windows service
Starting SharePoint Manager Plus as an application
By default, SharePoint Manager Plus will be installed and started as an application. Run the self-extracting exe and follow the instructions of the installation wizard.
After the completion of installation, SharePoint Manager Plus starts and runs with the privileges of the user with which you are logged on the system.
Note: Ensure that you have necessary privileges to run the product as a service. If you are installing the product in Vista Operating System, then ensure that 'user account control' is disabled. Enabling 'user account control' allow only administrator to install the software.
Installing SharePoint Manager Plus as a Windows service
To install SharePoint Manager Plus as a Windows service, follow the steps below after installation:
- Go to Start > All Programs
- Select ManageEngine SharePoint Manager Plus
- Select NT Service
- Select Install SharePoint Manager Plus Service
When SharePoint Manager Plus is installed as service, the solution starts and runs with the privileges of system account
Connecting to the server
Once SharePoint Manager Plus has been successfully started, follow the steps below to access product's web client server
- Open any one of the supported web browsers. Type the URL address as http://<hostname>:8085.
- <hostname> - name of the machine in which SharePoint Manager Plus is running.
- 8085 - default web server port. If you had changed this port number during installation or later, provide the port number which you had changed
- For the first time login, use the default username/password combination admin/admin
Configuring SharePoint Manager Servers
Adding SharePoint servers for monitoring and auditing
As soon as you start SharePoint Manager Plus for the first time, you are prompted to add farm servers for monitoring and auditing. SharePoint Manager Plus supports both online (Office 365) and on-premises SharePoint servers.
Note: At any point of time, you can add a farm server or Office 365 server, by navigating to 'Admin > Configuration > Farm Server' or 'Admin > Configuration > Office 365'.
Adding an on-premises farm server
- Provide the farm server address that is to be added
- Specify the farm domain admin credential to add the farm server for monitoring
Adding an Office 365 server
In the pop-up, click on the Add Office 365 link,
- Provide Admin tenant URL
- Specify Office 365 admin user credential