macOS Configuration Profiles
You can configure a profile to impose policies and restrictions on the managed mac machines. The following profile specifications can be customized and stored in specific versions, to be associated with devices/groups at any point of time. The specifications are listed below with the options to customize it. These profiles are tailored for managing mac machines.
- Passcode - Define parameters for creating a password.
- Restrictions - Configuring restrictions and permissions for Mac machines.
- Wi-Fi - Configuring Wi-Fi and proxy settings for devices to connect to a secure Wi-Fi network.
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) - Configuring VPN and Proxy settings to securely access corporate data from the devices.
- Per-App VPN - Configuring VPN for specific apps.
- App Notifications - Configure App Notifications for specific apps to allow/restrict notifications and also customize the app's notification settings such as sounds, previews and alerts.
- FileVault Encryption - Configuring Mac FileVault to encrypt information stored in Mac machines.
- Firewall - Protect devices by setting up a firewall, to barricade them from untrusted networks or hazardous incoming connections.
- AirPrint - Integrate with Certificate Authority to automate distribution client certificates to secure devices through certificate-based authentication.
- Global HTTP Proxy - Integrate with Certificate Authority to automate distribution client certificates to secure devices through certificate-based authentication.
- Certificate - Distribute certificates to managed devices to secure access to services such as e-mail, Wi-Fi, etc.
- Simple Certificate Enrollment Protocol (SCEP) - Integrate with Certificate Authority to automate distribution client certificates to secure devices through certificate-based authentication.
- Active Directory Binding - Configuring Mac AD Binding to remotely bind Mac machines to Active Directory.
- Firmware Password - Configuring the Firmware Password to ensure secure system bootups.
- Personal Preferences Privacy Control - Configuring Privacy Preference Policy Control (PPPC) to automatically grant permissions requested by Mac applications.
- System Extensions - Configuring System Extensions to approve kernel, network, driver, and security extensions on managed Mac machines.
- AD certificate policy - Configuring AD certificate policy to enhance security on macOS devices.
- Custom Configuration - Configuring customized profiles using third-party tools such as Apple Configurator and distribute them via MDM.