iPad remote management is a comprehensive solution to control and configure multiple iPads from a central location. It facilitates easy app distribution, security enforcement, and device monitoring, ensuring seamless operation and compliance. With over-the-air updates and remote troubleshooting, iPad remote management keeps your devices secure and up-to-date effortlessly.
With the use of iPads in organizations increasing, it is essential for IT admins to find a way to bring these devices under management. This can be accomplished with the use of iPad management software that simplify the remote management of iPads in business enterprises and educational institutions. Using iPad remote management software, IT admins can onboard, provision, and monitor devices effectively bringing them under the umbrella of management.
iPad remote management tools also allow IT admins to distribute the apps required by device users, enforce security restrictions on devices, implement corporate policies, and share business-critical or educational content to organization- and personally-owned iPadOS devices.
Mobile Device Manager Plus is a mobile device management (MDM) solution that also functions as an iPad management software, facilitating iPad remote management for enterprises and educational institutions. In addition to being an iPad remote management software, Mobile Device Manager Plus can manage multiple device types across Apple, Android, Windows and Chrome OS effectively.
Need for iPad Device Manager
The inherent advanced security of Apple devices has resulted in an exponential increase in the adoption of iOS, iPadOS and macOS devices in enterprises and educational institutions. Hence, to simplify the bulk deployment of these devices and to enhance corporate data security, enterprises require an iPad device management tool (iPad MDM) that provides mobile device management for iPads and enables organizations to leverage the benefits offered by iPadOS devices. Essentially, IT admins require a capable remote iPad management software to be able to provision and manage iPads remotely.
Features of iPad Device Management software
Every iPad device management solution must provide the following iPad remote management capabilities to simplify mobile device management on iPads.
Watch our videos on how to enroll iPad into our iPadOS MDM with Apple Configurator and Apple DEP.
- Create and associate profiles for iPad device management in bulk to Groups and devices.
- Containerize corporate apps and personal apps by applying restrictions on devices.
- Restrict the use of non-productive applications including camera, YouTube, AirDrop, iCloud photo library, Safari browser, etc.
- Create profiles to configure passcodes, restrictions, AirDrop, Touch ID, Wi-Fi, VPN, App Lock, and Global HTTP Proxy.
- Silently distribute both in-house and App Store applications without Apple ID and user intervention.
- Ensure that only managed apps are installed on the devices by restricting user from installing unauthorised apps.
- Manage licenses for Apple apps on iPadOS devices, using Apple Business Manager.
- Automate app updates and ensure corporate iPads run the latest app version
- Publish apps on the App Catalog to allow users to conveniently install applications themselves.
- Blocklist user installed, MDM installed and system apps on iOS devices.
- Receive insights on device summary, network usage, configuration details, and installed apps.
- Remotely view device screens to resolve device issues in real-time
- Track granular information on feature status, such as Activation Lock or location services.
- Gain complete visibility on your devices with out-of-the-box reports.
- Set stringent passcodes with maximum number of failed attempts.
- Automate security updates on iPadOS devices with Automated OS updates.
- Remotely lock the device to prevent unauthorised third party access.
- Automatically detect and remove Jailbroken devices when detected in your network.
- Enable Lost Mode when devices are lost or stolen and perform a complete or corporate wipe to protect corporate data.
Refer this document to learn how to secure corporate iPadOS devices using iPad MDM solutions.
- Perform assertive monitoring by generating detailed reports of iPadOS devices.
- Generate reports to monitor the status of apps installed in the device.
- Customize reports based on applied criteria such as apps by devices, devices by model, and more.
What is iPad Remote Management?
With organizations around the globe having a mix of both on-premise and remote employees, it has become rather crucial to remotely manage the iPadOS devices used by these distributed workforces. Apple provides tools like Apple Business Manager and Apple School Manager that allow IT admins to effectively achieve iPad remote management by using their MDM solution with these tools. The iPads to be managed can be seamlessly enrolled, deployed, have the requisite content purchased and distributed to them, and managed, entirely over-the-air. This means that admins need not physically handle these devices to configure or manage them.
Importance of iPad remote management software in schools and enterprises
Modern iPad management solutions are highly beneficial to both educational institutions and corporate organizations as they facilitate and simplify iPad device management. iPad device management can help schools in the following ways:
- Learning without diversions Managing iPads can ensure that they allow students to use them for educational purposes without being distracted by games and entertainment apps that can be found on personal devices.
- Distributing resources and learning materials iPad device management makes it easier to distribute necessary lessons and information over-the-air right to the class that needs it.
- Setting up Apple Classroom app Classroom is an app designed specifically for iPad devices and can be set up on managed iPads to simplify exercising control and content sharing.
- Deploying shared iPads iPad management facilitates multiple students to use a single iPad by configuring them as shared iPads, with each student having their own workspace on it
- Enabling remote learning iPads can be set up and distributed to students learning from home or away from the classroom enabling them to stay virtually connected.
Similarly, iPad management offers corporate enterprises and other organizations benefits like:
- Enhancing corporate security iPad management lets IT admins to distribute corporate security configurations and policies to devices, making sure the data on these devices are secure enough to meet organizational and international privacy standards. This can include measures like setting up mandatory passwords on devices and blocklisting untrusted apps from being installed.
- Distributing requisite apps and content By managing iPads, teams can be shared the necessary files without delay over-the-air.
- Facilitates remote work Bringing the lightweight and portable iPads into management can enable them to be used for work in a secure manner even when the employee isn't within the office premises.
- Setting up kiosks Managing iPads permits them to be configured and deployed as single or multi-app kiosks effortlessly.
- Troubleshooting devices remotely Managed iPads make it possible for IT teams to troubleshoot them remotely, in case anything goes wrong, hence minimizing downtime.
- Re-provisioning used devices When an employee leaves the organization, the device used by them can be wiped and re-provisioned to another employee with the requisite files and access easily.
Manage iPads with our iPad remote management software
Follow the steps given below to manage iPads using an iPadOS MDM software:
Step 1: Add APNs certificate
One of the pre-requisites for iPad remote device management using an iPad device manager is creating an APNs certificate. This certificate is required to secure the communication between the MDM for iPads and Apple Push Notification service for device management of Apple devices. Learn how to create an APNs certificate and add it to ManageEngine's iPad management solution, Mobile Device Manager Plus.
Step 2: Enroll the devices
The iPads can be enrolled into remote iPad management solutions such as Mobile Device Manager Plus or any other iPad device manager using Apple Business Manager(ABM) or Apple School Manager (if you're an educational institution). Enrolling iPadOS devices using ABM/ASM allows organizations to completely automate the remote device management for iPadOS with the added advantage of mandatory management of devices.
Step 3: Create and associate profiles
Create Groups based on departments and automate the distribution of security policies, apps and documents. With the Apple MDM solution, organizations can also:
Benefits of iPadOS device management solutions
Managing iPadOS devices using an iPad management solution offer organizations the following benefits:
- Bulk deployment of Apple devices Using a solution for iPad mobile device management, organizations can deploy the devices out-of-the-box to all their employees in bulk with minimal admin intervention..
- Customizable dashboard iPad device management solutions serve as a one stop shop for managing an organization's devices. It provides a dashboard for viewing updated inventory details such as hardware & software details, information on the associated configurations and certificates, installed apps etc.
- Seamless app distribution iPad management software allow organizations to manage Store and enterprise apps through their entire lifecycle. It restricts users from installing malicious apps and also allows organizations to run only specific set of apps on devices.
- Extensive support for configurations and restrictions iPadOS MDM solutions provide organizations a vast array of policies that allow organizations to configure devices to their needs and also ensure corporate data security.
Learn more about Mobile Device Manager Plus capabilities for Apple device management.