How to monitor logs from an Amazon Web Services (AWS) Windows instance
To analyze log data from an AWS instance, you need to add the device for monitoring. To collect logs, you can install EventLog Analyzer agent on the AWS instance.
Steps to install EventLog Analyzer agent on AWS instance
- Download and install the EventLog Analyzer agent.
- Double click on the agent installer.
- Click on Next in the welcome screen of the installer.
- Click on Next in the Confirm Installation dialog box.
- In the Connection Settings for EventLog Agent-Server Communication dialog box, enter the name of the server in the Server Name field.
- Enter the EventLog Analyzer Server's IP address.
- Select the protocol to be used: either HTTP or HTTPS.
- Select Yes in the options specified against AWS Instance.
- Enter the server port number in the Server Port field. The default value for HTTP is 8400 and for HTTPS it is 8445.
- Click on OK and click on the Close button once the installation is complete.
Viewing the agent installed in AWS instance in EventLog Analyzer
You can see the agent installed in the AWS instance listed in EventLog Analyzer by navigating to Settings > Admin Settings > Mange Agents. Reports will be generated for the added AWS instance in less than five minutes and you can view them under the Reports tab.