Steps to configure external applications
Configuring ManageEngine Password Manager Pro
Here are the steps to configure Password Manager Pro.
- Login to Password Manager Pro.
- Navigate to Audit -> Resource Audit -> Audit Actions -> Configure Resource Audit. Enable the Generate Syslog option for all operations and click Save.
- Navigate to Audit -> User Audit -> Audit Actions -> Configure User Audit. Enable the Generate Syslog option for all operations and click Save.
- Navigate to Admin -> Integration -> SNMP Traps / Syslog Settings and click Syslog Collector.
- Enter the EventLog Server name and a port that the EventLog Analyzer instance is listening to.
- Select the protocol (UDP/TCP) and a facility name. Click Save.
Configuring ManageEngine OpManager
The following are the steps to configure ManageEngine OpManager.
- Login to OpManager.
- Navigate to Settings -> Notifications.
- Click Add.
Select Syslog Profile and enter the following details.
- Destination Host - EventLog Analyzer server name or IP address.
- Destination Port - Any port that the EventLog Analyzer instance is listening to.
- Severity and Facility must be the default values i.e. $severity and kernel.
For EventLog Analyzer to parse logs from OpManager, the message variables in the syslog profile of OpManager should be entered in the following format:
Mandatory message variables
Other important message variables
- Entity: $entity
- Last Polled Value: $lastPolledValue
- Click on the Criteria check-box.
- Enable the notification for all severities and click Next.
- Select the By Device option and select all the devices listed under Remaining Devices and click Next.
- You don't have to configure anything in this section. Click Next.
- Enter a profile name and click Save.
Note: If the same machine is running two or more ManageEngine products, ensure the following:
- The ports used by the products are unique.
- The EventLog Analyzer port receiving logs from OpManager and Password Manager Pro is not used by other ManageEngine products.