Configuring the Syslog Service on Juniper devices
- Login to the Juniper device as an administrator.
- Navigate to the Configure tab.
- Expand CLI Tools on the left pane, click on CLI editor in the subtree, and navigate to syslog under system.
- For standard logs, insert the host node with the required values such as the host name, severity, facility and log prefix. Consider the following command:
This will forward the log data in standard format. You can customize the syslog severity level by editing the command.
- For structured logs, mention 'structured-data' in the command line. Consider the following command.
This will forward the log data in a structured format.
- Click on Commit to save the changes. To view the changes, click on the CLI viewer.
Note: It is recommended to use structured logs