Get download link
Click here to expand
Configuring the Syslog Service on Symantec Endpoint Protection devices
- Login to the Symantec Endpoint Protection device as an administrator.
- Navigate to Admin > Servers. Select the local site or remote site from which log data must be exported.
- Click Configure External Logging.
- In the General tab, from the Update Frequency list, choose how often log data should be sent to the file.
- In the Master Logging Server list, select the management server to which the logs should be sent.
- Check the Enable Transmission of Logs to a Syslog Server option.
- Enter the following details in the given fields.
- Syslog Server- Enter the EventLog Analyzer IP address or domain name .
- Destination Port - Select the protocol to use and enter the destination port that the Syslog server should use to listen for Syslog messages.
- Log Facility - Enter the number of the log facility that you want the Syslog configuration file to use. Valid values range from 0 to 23. Alternatively, you could use the default.
- Click OK.