EventLog Analyzer lets you manage UDP/TCP ports to listen for syslogs and SNMP traps from devices through this dashboard.
- For each protocol, you can add up to a maximum of six ports.
- For collecting Syslog data, you can use the same port for multiple protocols.
- You can also disable the existing default ports and instead can add additional listening ports.
- Go to Settings > System Settings > Listener Ports.
- Click Add Syslog Port button
- In the pop-up box that appears, enter the appropriate port number.
- Select its corresponding protocol.
- Click Add.
- To disable a Syslog port, click corresponding to the port you want to disable.
- To enable a Syslog port, click corresponding to the port you want to enable.
- Click corresponding to the port you want to delete.
TCP and TLS protocols cannot share the same port number.Syslog Ports.
SNMP Traps Port Management
To edit the port using which EventLog Analyzer listens to SNMP traps,
- Click corresponding to the SNMP trap port.
- In the pop-up box that appears, enter the desired port number.
- Click Update.
- To enable/disable the SNMP trap port, click / corresponding to it.
- By default, EventLog Analyzer listens to port 162 (UDP) for SNMP traps.
- When a device which has not been added to EventLog Analyzer starts sending SNMP traps to the product, it would automatically be listed under Other Devices in Settings > Configuration > Manage Devices.