Associating Device Template to a new device
Listed down are the different ways to associate a device template to an individual device or multiple devices in your network.
- While discovering a device, it is automatically associated with the relevant device template.
- If you've added the device already to your network, you can re-discover it in order to associate it with a device template. To do it, go to Inventory → Devices and click on the required device to access that device's snapshot page. Now click on the three-line menu (on the top right corner) and select the 'Rediscover device' option.
- You can also go to a device's snapshot page (navigate to the Inventory → Devices and click on the device name), click on the three-line menu (on the top right corner) and tap 'Edit device details'. From there, you can re-associate any device template to that particular device.
- Click on Settings → Configuration → Device Template and tap 'Associate' in the top-right corner to associate devices. You can also click 'Save and Associate' inside the edit window of any device template to associate it your devices.
- To associate devices in bulk, you can either use the Quick Configuration Wizard under Settings → Configuration, or you can select the required devices from the Inventory page, tap on the three-dot menu (adjacent to the 'Generate Repprts' option) and click 'Associate Device Template'.