Configuring Mail Server Settings
OpManager allows you to configure e-mail alerts to get notified on any fault in your network. The send email feature uses the mail server settings configured here as the default setting for email alerts across OpManager. However, specific requirements can be configured while setting up a profile for each feature, i.e. Notification Profile, Schedule Reports, etc.
To configure the SMTP server settings globally and to provide the secondary mail server settings, follow the steps given below:
- Go to Settings → General Settings, click Mail Server Settings.
- Enter the SMTP Server name and Port number.
- Configure the From and To Email ID fields.
- Enter a Time Out interval.
- Configure the User name and Password details, if the server requires authentication to send e-mail.
- For SSL authentication, select the SSL Enabled check-box, browse and select the SSL certificate and key-in the password.
- Click Save
- To test the settings, enter the Email ID and click Send Test Mail. This e-mail ID will be considered as the default To Email ID while creating Email and Email based SMS notification profiles.
- If you have a secondary mail server in your network, select Add a secondary mail server and provide the details. In case of a failure in the primary mail server, OpManager uses the secondary mail server to send E-mails.