What is the purpose of Test Credentials
Credentials are authentication details used by OpManager to access the remote device for monitoring and management.
If wrong credentials are provided during discovery, the authentication for access to the device will fail. OpManager will not be able to fetch the device type and hence the device will be classified as 'Unknown'.
If the credentials are wrong/expired after discovering the device, OpManager will not be able to access the device and hence cannot pull the data for monitoring. This restricts OpManager from monitoring the particular device. However, the status polling of the device will continue.
To avoid this, you can periodically run Test Credentials to make sure the credentials are up to date.
Follow the below steps to create a new Test credential:
- Go to Settings > Discovery > Test Credentials
- Click on Add.
- Choose the Device Type and the devices for which the test credential schedule needs to be run.
- If you would like to run the test credential schedule right now, choose 'Execute Now' option.
- Else if you would like to schedule the test credential, choose schedule option and select the time duration in which the test credential should be run.
- In the next screen, If you wish to recieve the Test Credential report as an email, enter the email address, subject and message.
- Generate Alarm - Enabling this will trigger an alarm if the test credential fails for a particular device.
- Auto Clear - Enabling this will clear the alarm once the correct credentials have been configured for the failed device.